Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

German captured bayonets

Article about: Nice Polish rework Is mine the model 28? it is a little different. timothy

Default re: German captured bayonets

Hello,

thx... show us pics :-)

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German captured bayonets
    P
    Many

Interesting thread Sleepwalker...I have a question......Some of these bayonets look like battle field pick ups...which from after being picked up were sent to certain fiorms to have them re worked,, is there any documentation of unissued bayonets found in liberated factories, by the Germans? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello,

the morst were captuerd. They all bear foreign acceptance stamps. Rework orders you can find in the "Heeresmitteilungsblatt", "Luftwaffeverordnungsblatt" and "Heeresverordnungsblatt".

The WaA 77 marked S139/2 (p): Parts / unfinished Bayonets were found 1939 in the Radom factory storage and were finish under German supervision in Radom End of 1941/42. (together with other storage rifle parts), when the factory begins work under German control

The WaA marked S 24 (t) were made in Brno, also a German contract

The WaA marked S 102 (n) were made for German troops... mainly stationed in Norway and Finland but there were also found at the eastern and western front.

WaA marking were only used when the bayonet were build/finish under German control. Captured ones never bears a WaA acceptance, because there were proofed by the old owners... so it was not necessary.

The M95 have no WaA marking... these are police stamps... not acceptance... these stamps are property markings.

A assumed czech M95 with german police property marking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German captured bayonets   German captured bayonets  

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    shorted jugoslavian M24 and belgian FN24 by the Germans by order of 1942
    Incorrect.

Here is a shortened bayonet M24/M48 shortened by the JNA - Jugoslavenska Narodna Armija.
    Bluing - or more accurately - brunaža is Yugo, and scabbard is for M48 standard.

Regards
    Vedran

What is wrong? and where is the shorted M24/48 bayonet?

The bayonet i show is a German and a Belgian M24 reworked by German orders out of 1942 adn 1943. (HVB 1942 S. 287 Nr. 346, LVB 1942 S.1184 Nr. 2173, HM 1943 Nr. 321, Beiblatt zum Heerestechnischen Verordnungsblatt 1943 Nr. )

The shorted M24/48 are shorted in lower quality and have a muzzle ring.... the blade is max. 25 cm long. The shorted German M24 has a blade length of 26,5 cm. The point of the bald must had a german form (like the S84/98 style).

The Germans shorted the scabbard at the bottom an redesigned the under part. The Yugoslavians shorted the scabbard by removing the middle part of the scabbard and by putting the upper and the downer part together. Where do you see a standard bayonet scabbard?

The scabbards were shorted in the same way as the Belgian M16 scabbards

Often the hilt screws were replaced by German ones. Also the screw at the scabbards were German ones. Sometimes you can find a scabbard with a German stile side screw

also the German ones are numbered... the style of the numbers looks like police issue.

so there are clear differences
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German captured bayonets   German captured bayonets  

German captured bayonets   German captured bayonets  

German captured bayonets  

This is a shorted M24 in Yugoslavia:

WWII BT3 German Yugoslavia Bayonet w Scabbord Original 1608 | eBay

Regards

What's wrong - most of your assertions.

The numbers on the bayonet the JNA, bluing is also JNA.
    JNA used M24/M48 bayonets without muzzle ring for these rifle:

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German captured bayonets  

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    What's wrong - most of your assertions.

The numbers on the bayonet the JNA, bluing is also JNA.
    JNA used M24/M48 bayonets without muzzle ring for these rifle:

Regards
    Vedran
    i think your ones are wrong... have you some examples? real informations ? pictures?

I know JNA overworked M24... they are different.

the ones are shown are German rework... near to the German orders.

with a little bit knowledge the differences, especially the missing muzzle ring, are clear

The shown examples were reworked by german orders. The numbers of yugo bayonets were an the frog stud and the hand guard.
    I also show a Belgian M24 ( S105 (b) out of Belgian origin in 1940) in the same rework condition.

Regards

Boy this is interesting I got out the Austrian M95 and looked it over it has eagle and WaA backwards P I will post it this weekend I am so curious maybe it is a phoney marked one like the M-95 carbines I don't know now. timothy

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast