MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Great Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbard

Article about: Every now and then I get lucky and find something as simple as a good K-98 bayonet.This one is an Early 1937, with most of the bluing left , with a matching scabbard.In these days of ebay, i

Default Great Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbard

Every now and then I get lucky and find something as simple as a good K-98 bayonet.This one is an Early 1937, with most of the bluing left , with a matching scabbard.In these days of ebay, it's hard to get a deal, but sometimes it happens.Great Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbardGreat Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Great Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbard
    P
    Many

Default Re: Great Find...K98 bayonet with matching numbered scabbard

Nice to see an early one that is not only matching, but in excellent
    condition. The only wear seen other than in-and-out on the blade
    is the flashguard, which has been banged up from it being used
    as a tent peg hammer - not unusual at all.

Good score.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice find Destroyah...you are correct there are those rare instances that a nice example can be found. Right time and right place!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Pretty much the cream of the K98 bayonet crop!

Mine is also matching- an fnj42. But yours is early and in excellent shape. Nice find.

Thanks guys, I found this at an antique shop;they are still out there.
    David

Something special about K98 bayonets. Simple but pleasing. Always nice to find a matching set. Now all you need is an early frog.

?

One of the first German items I ever bought was a K98. It was at a surplus store and they had a box full of them. They were $2-3 each. Matching numbers didn't mean much so people would move bayonets and scabbards around. A lot of matching number got split up. I guess you could say this helped increase the value of matching number bayonets today.

I wish my 401-K would increase in value like those K-98s !
    David

Nice one!