Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with bayonet frog please

Article about: On the home brew again Ronnie !!!!! ?

Default Help with bayonet frog please

Hello again chaps i also picked this up in the manchester fair at the weekend and would appreciate any help on it if you could? can anyone tell me who the maker of this hanger is i cant make it out as i am not familiar with these bayonet hanger maker mark's, also someone has told me it is quite a rare hanger i only picked it up because i love the way it's been personalised a little with the stick pin,thanks in advance for any info Ronnie

hope the pics are ok
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with bayonet frog please   Help with bayonet frog please  

Help with bayonet frog please   Help with bayonet frog please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with bayonet frog please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with bayonet frog please

Hi Ronnie, not one I am familiar with either? The makers location reads "Bensberg" which is in Germany, near Koln. So that appears to rule out it as being from some other country. The lack of hole for a frog stud is interesting.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ronnie, not one I am familiar with either? The makers location reads "Bensberg" which is in Germany, near Koln. So that appears to rule out it as being from some other country. The lack of hole for a frog stud is interesting.

Cheers, Ade.
    The lack of a frog stud on the scabbard too makes me think it is a cut down scabbard with a home-made frog?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

It's not a frog for bayonets. Having a vague recollection of a leather hanger for some piece of a field engineer's (?), or bandsman's (?), equipment being seen (but very, very, rarely) on bayonets as frogs. But I do not believe officially (and this is a dress bayonet which is even more unusual).

Perhaps this could also be posted to the "Field Equipment And Accessories of the Third Reich" forum to let someone there take a look? FP

thanks for your input guys i have done as you suggested FP thanx

Ronnie

Guys i have just found another frog for sale on a site exactly the same as this frog even with the police badge in it ?? there is a different bayo in it though, i cant borrow the pics from the site to show you, i dont think we are allowed to put links to it so i wont.
    any more ideas on this as i think it's a big coincidence what you think????
    cheers for now Ronnie

Posting a link is fine: I can them copy the pics.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade I actually think its my bayo .........silly me sorry (i didnt realize the guy had a site who i got it from) Online Shop under german bayonets

Lol
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Only me Ade .... only me sorry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast