Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonet

Article about: Any help would be greatly appreciated! I apologize for the poor photos. If needed I can re-post better ones later. Thanks, Brian

Default Help with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonet

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I apologize for the poor photos. If needed I can re-post better ones later.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Help with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonet
    P
    Many

Hi Brian..I am very positive that someone used a dremel to scroll out the common cursive font of this present time.

1. The dremel process
    2. The font type

What for other thoughts from the Bayo guys .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I used to get the same sort of effect when I used to dremmel all parts of my equipment at work that were metal as they often/always went missing.

Other than an dremmel (other electric engraving tools are available!!) it would be very difficult I imagine to engrave all that joined up writing, and especially to get it so straight.

Nice frog though.

If it is indeed a modern fabrication then I would certainly be disappointed. I obtained this from a long time collector and friend, who I don't feel would steer me wrong. That being said, I am trying to keep an open mind.
    I was told that it was jeweler engraved and it would have been very difficult to do. Would a stemmed be able to fit in the blood groove to do the inscription? The writing is also very consistent and not erratic like what I would imagine with a hand held machine.
    Thank you for your thoughts.

Sorry, I don't believe any jeweler would do this type of engraving. This was done with a rotary engraver and the result is a lower quality engraving.
    You can see some period jeweler engraving here.
    Help needed from our German speaking members!!!
    a different kind of Aesculap
    Early cross guard engraved Army
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Here are some photos of the rotary engraving that was used to make the very expensive "Hühnlein NSKK High Leader" fakes. In the closeup image you can see the starts and stops of the cutting tool (burr/rotary file) itself for the individual letters. It was also used to make the "Krupp daggers" and some other fakes. That said, if I had to make a guess from the images which are really not close enough to be 100% certain - I would say that the engraving here is probably from an 'electric pencil' type of engraver. With traditional old school engraving using hand "gravers", and now we see electric "gravers" having a much different appearance when seen very closeup. Best Regards. Fred

Help with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonet

Here are some better pics.
    I am trying to wrap my head around this. It is always tough to be "that" guy with the bad item, but I obtained this from 2 guys whom I put a great deal of trust in. The previous owner is well known in my area and has been collecting for 40+ years. The dealer who actually brokered the deal has been in business for 40 years and has always been honest and very knowledgeable. I know neither of these are attributes of the bayonet itself, but it speaks to its "pedigree".

My original intention of the post was to find some further information on the inscription because I don't speak German and google translate has not been helpful. The bayonet's legitimacy, coming from these guys, didn't even cross my mind when I posted this...

Help with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonetHelp with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonet

1. The process of authentication comes first before the meaning of any inscription....regardless of who it came from and a number of tenured years in the business.
    Human do make mistakes and dealers are not Gods.

I would be curious of the translation also..not because of whats being said on the blade and the meaning but the structure of the sentence between European and Western.
    ie: Western style when describing a noun..the adjective will come first....European, Asian and or other related non western countries will put the noun first before the adjective.
    If the inscription reads Western style then this is another detail that will shoot down authenticity.

The other part of this Brian ..is that wisdom comes from lessons learned and we welcome you here with the rest of us who had our hearts broken.
    Below is a pic of Dashed hopes in Combat Bayonets being very worn..with crispy inscriptions.

Help with info on this IDENTIFIED PANZER dress bayonet
    These bayos are near worthless and history removed. They are junk

2. History must be studied of the type of Edged Weapon and the producers who made them. Also with other comparable examples if any to see a pattern. I would believe a jeweler inscribed this...but not one from the Third Reich Period.

Oddly the collecting community sees more messed with dress and combat bayos more so than the very small percentage of other Edged Types.
    One reason being that Bayos are a dime a dozen at least ones that have sometimes no scabbard and can be bought for $65. Not much of a financial los to the guys who etch these blades and take a gamble and see who at least buys 1.

Humped up inscribed expensive Edged weapons only a few guys have attempted and the ratio in sucker sales are lower.
    Watch out for Ebay ...Forrest Gump sells chocolates on there

3. and lastly ..you did come to the right place..because you will get more out this forum and whole website than what you first came in with. There is much to be gained here and even the fakers read these threads and are also members here hiding under a name.
    We hope you hang out and stay here...you are welcomed

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

It look nice, i saw already similar dedicated pieces. the major thing is lace here all the exact writting to look about german language is correct or not, the owner could be Heinrich Bruenig, and it should be looked about the Panzer regiment nr.2 that should be located in that period in Eisenach.The scabbard looks longer as is the blade on pictures.b.r.Andy