Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help needed with buying a k98 bayonet

Article about: Hey I'm interested in purchasing a k98 bayonet. I've found one for sale in my country that looks nice (won't be able to go look at it so will have to go from pictures). I don't know too much

Default Help needed with buying a k98 bayonet

Hey

I'm interested in purchasing a k98 bayonet. I've found one for sale in my country that looks nice (won't be able to go look at it so will have to go from pictures). I don't know too much about the k98 bayonets and I'm just wondering what you think about the one I'm looking at (I have attached images of it in this thread). It's apparently numbers matching and from 1940 and the seller is asking 140 dollars for it. Does it seem genuine and in it's original state and is it a fair price or would you say the bayonet is overpriced from what you can gather?

I'm thankful for any help I can get.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed with buying a k98 bayonet
    P
    Many

I will only state that it has been sand blasted and this will affect the value.
    Sorry, I don't do evaluations.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Good Price, in Perfect Condition it goes up To 300.- Dollar in Germany.

Looks like all the patina/finish has been cleaned or removed. For a bit more, one can find an example that has not been post war abused

Where I'm located this one would be a difficult sale or re-sale. Partially refinished with possibly some of it a non-period "cold blue"? A worked over blade missing quite a bit of its finish etc. Better pictures in daylight might show something else, but IMO from what I seem to be seeing it does not rate very high on originality if my suspicions are correct. Personally, I would be looking around for one with fewer problems, and a better chance at selling or trading it if a better one turns up. Best Regards, Fred

No original finish or patina, the value has been ruined!..

?

Tough when they have been tampered with. I would pass on it.

Here is mine I bought about 5 years ago for $75 from a fellow collector. Mine is missing the strap and much of finish is worn off my scabbard.

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I can't thank you guys enough for your excellent answers. I've decided to not buy the bayonet and will instead try to get my hands on one that hasn't been tampered with. Only issue is that I don't really know where to look for them. I've tried to look around but I haven't found any good sellers in Sweden. Does anyone know of any reputable sellers in the EU that sells k98 bayos?

Rossi that is one beautiful bayonet. It's a perfect example of what I'm looking for and it Seems like you got it for a great price!

?

Quote by Chargerr View Post
    I can't thank you guys enough for your excellent answers. I've decided to not buy the bayonet and will instead try to get my hands on one that hasn't been tampered with. Only issue is that I don't really know where to look for them. I've tried to look around but I haven't found any good sellers in Sweden. Does anyone know of any reputable sellers in the EU that sells k98 bayos?

Rossi that is one beautiful bayonet. It's a perfect example of what I'm looking for and it Seems like you got it for a great price!
    welcome to the forum. we are glad you are here. I would wait for the members here to opine on best euro sources for edged pieces.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

You can check out some of the sponsors of the forum. If they don't have any at the moment...you can always keep an eye out for you.

Edged Weapons, Military Antiques Stockholm

WW2 German militaria, Soviet Russian militaria. Uniforms, insignia

And a member here

All | Eagle Relics

He has two listed for sale that I quickly saw

SG84/98 Bayonet

Koppelschuh in Tropenausführung zum K98 Getragenes Stück Afrika Korps K98 Bayonet | Eagle Relics

I'm sure there are others....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast