Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!

Article about: Hi I got this leather frog which has at least 5 marker sets on it. The best I can figure out are as below: 1. Paul Klopfer,Berlin 1936 2. LBA (S) 3. The third and forth marker were overlappe

Default Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!

Hi

I got this leather frog which has at least 5 marker sets on it. The best I can figure out are as below:
    1. Paul Klopfer,Berlin 1936
    2. LBA (S)
    3. The third and forth marker were overlapped. Plese see the pictures for the detail.
    4. the fifth one is illegible.

I've never seen such many markers on the same frog. Not sure what do they mean. Maybe soldier's or unit's name . Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!
    P
    Many

LBA(S) = Bekleidungsampt der Luftwaffe Sonneberg. (Luftwaffe Clothing depot Sonneberg)

The overlapped ones are Luftwaffe unit markings.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,

a correct stamed frog of the Luftwaffe with the short middle line. In the origin chocolate-brown lacquered.

Maker + LBA Stamp + Unit stamps

Regards

Hi Ade and sleepwalker
    Thanks a lot for your info. So this frog should have been reissued to at least two or three units right? Not sure if the fifth mark is unit name or not.
    BTW, the attached pics below are the bayo along with this frog. It's matched not sharpened -Gebr. Heller 39 3194c. eagle stamp 37.

Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!

Nice matching well ampted bayonet 84/98 with Luftwaffe marked frog as stated. timothy

Hello,

yes this frog has been isued to 3 or more units in his service lifetime

Regards

Luftwaffe frogs you can often find with a lot of this unit marks... often the luftwaffe units were renamed, reorganized etc... this stamps are a mirror of this actions.

Here is a frog with 4 or 5 unit stamps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help! Rare K98 leather frog with 5 markers sets ?!  

Hi Sleepworker
    Thanks for sharing your pic. That's really a nice frog.

Timothy:
    Thanks for your kind comment. Do you think I should disassemble the grip to check the Bakelite parts also match or not? Please advise thanks.

Hi Kevin, no need to take the grips off.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by kevin710 View Post
    Hi Sleepworker
    Thanks for sharing your pic. That's really a nice frog.

Timothy:
    Thanks for your kind comment. Do you think I should disassemble the grip to check the Bakelite parts also match or not? Please advise thanks.
    No Kevin I wouldn't I am not a big fan of taking grips off too many problems with it and chance of not going back on right due to warp and time. Like Aide said no need too. timothy