Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Horster Short Dress Bayo With Frog

Article about: Hello Gents Few Questions on this dress bayo I don't really collected them so I need your kind assistance. Pretty salty Short Version Sadly It has been sharpened but was done period or short

Default Horster Short Dress Bayo With Frog

Hello Gents
    Few Questions on this dress bayo
    I don't really collected them so I need your kind assistance.
    Pretty salty
    Short Version
    Sadly It has been sharpened but was done period or shortly after.
    No markings on frog slight tear in it.
    Yellow felt in handle ( Luftwaffe
    one thing I find weird-
    why is there a number stamped on the top of the sheath?
    The only other time I saw a number in this position it was on a Luftwaffe sword I used to own

Thanks in advance gents
    ?)Horster Short Dress Bayo With FrogHorster Short Dress Bayo With FrogHorster Short Dress Bayo With FrogHorster Short Dress Bayo With FrogHorster Short Dress Bayo With FrogHorster Short Dress Bayo With FrogHorster Short Dress Bayo With FrogAttachment 892160Attachment 892161Horster Short Dress Bayo With FrogHorster Short Dress Bayo With FrogHorster Short Dress Bayo With Frog

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Horster Short Dress Bayo With Frog
    P
    Many

at the peril of being a pest can anyone help me on this bayo? or have I answered my own questions

Short KS98 walking out bayonet by Horester in proper dress frog, yellow felt can be found in slots along with Green, Red brown. although it is a uncommon color some say I think George Wheeler see his book (Seitengewher 1919 to 1945) states they are a indicator of branch of a service such as Red artillery etc green jager or mountain troops and so forth. Some say it was just a product put in by manufactuer to the rifle slot nice it is there as most are missing I have three that have it out of twenty five KS98 too bad about blade sharpening probably post war done by vet as I have several acquired from vets that they tried to sharpen. Don't know about SN in scabbard throat I have one like it I think WHeeler states it may be some kind of inventory stamp to a unit most KS98 were private purchase however some units had them for parade issue. timothy