Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ID on a German Knife I Found.

Article about: Would just like some info on this piece i recently found. I have no clue and cant seem to find the exact one online. I have found similar ones but none with the same Nazi badge on the handle

Default ID on a German Knife I Found.

Would just like some info on this piece i recently found. I have no clue and cant seem to find the exact one online. I have found similar ones but none with the same Nazi badge on the handle.
    Couldnt seem to add the photos to this topic so had to upload them.

With Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

It's a dress bayonet but I've never seen one with the Army eagle on the grip. I'd be suspicious.

Thanks Mate.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    It's a dress bayonet but I've never seen one with the Army eagle on the grip. I'd be suspicious.
    Although these are horribly blurry pictures that need to be rotated, I tend to like the bayonet itself. Everything appears to be correct including the markers mark. That said, I too have never seen this addition of the army eagle on the grip. I will not comment on its authenticity as it's nearly impossible to do so, but even with only the poor quality images I kinda like it. Could be some kind of "trench art" or even a special order, I guess. Maybe with some better photographs someone here can help. If authentic, that is one exceptionally nice bayonet.

yes i know the pics are blurry was just as a quick refernce. Can upload some better ones if needs be.
    thanks for your info

Hi Woodzy.welcome to the forum.....The bayonet for sure is authentic...but the added grip eagle is hard to prove if it was done during the period by private practice..or a recent attachment to raise the worth of the bayonet. One point of fact is that when these dress bayonets were distributed..they were without any type of grip embellishments. Sadly these dress bayonets are attacked so frequently with fake inscriptions...Mottos and picturesque combat scenes.
    Your bayonet with the Heer eagle ,,,hard to say if it belongs to the grip..which needs to be compared to actual Heer eagle examples..to see if it matches to other examples. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Below is a photo of a few K98 bayonets with fake inscriptions...as seen on the Thread.."Near perfect Edged weapon reproductions" within the forum.
    Just to give you an idea of what sick minds can do.. to history to make a few extra dollars. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scary.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	589768  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

These eagles are meant to be worn on the breast or sholder board. They have long spiralled pins as well as short ones similar to a totenkopf.
    Here are some photos of my examples.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	277.5 KB 
ID:	589782   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	589783  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Good for you for pointing this out Larry. Trouble is those inscriptions on the blades look like they could certainly fool the unwary. Hate to think how many have doled out good money for faked items. Collecting of these Third Reich items is a tough field for the novice collector.

thanks for the info guys. Im not really clued up on stuff like this. Was just after some information on what it might be more than anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast