MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

J A HENCKELS Bayonet

Article about: 84/98 WW1 made as stated in 1916 for Prussia several makers made them in WW1 I have a Gottlieb Hammer or however you say it marked on side and the Bayerman horse trademark on the other (Belg

Default J A HENCKELS Bayonet

Firstly sorry if this in wrong section mods?
    Not a maker i had in my collection or one i have seen to often, heavily worked blade with locking catch missing, grips in sound condition botched up scabbard (brazed?) however nice clear maker marks and on the spine some figures and markings, i am guessing 1916?. thoughts please.
    J A HENCKELS  Bayonet
    J A HENCKELS  Bayonet
    J A HENCKELS  Bayonet
    J A HENCKELS  Bayonet
    J A HENCKELS  Bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement J A HENCKELS  Bayonet
    P
    Many

Looks like an 98k bayo that got in a fight with with a grinding wheel on steroids.
    Last edited by der alte oberst; 03-17-2014 at 04:35 PM.

You are in the right place..
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Cheers Larry, pretty messed up eh, did these guys only produce bayos during ww1.

I will leave the question to the K98 gents..as there is a recent thread here..that also shows..other maker name marked bayos. Most of what we see now is all code numbers...hang tight..trust me..some one will be along shortly. Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

No, greatwhite, I'm no bayo expert, but this is made in the 30s I think. (I had a HJ Messer with that same zwillingswerk stamp).
    Last edited by der alte oberst; 03-17-2014 at 04:34 PM.

?

Too bad about the condition. Henckels was a common maker of the 84/98 during WWI and yours was manufactured in 1916 for Prussia (crown over W for Wilhelm). The brazing is what held on the frog stud which is now missing.

Jim

Cheers Jim, 98 years old, i can forgive a few battlescars.
    Steve.

Henckels made daggers in the 1930s. I don't think they made bayonets after WW1.

They are still around making kitchen knives and scissors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast