Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

K.98 bayonet from Jersey, Channel Islands.

Article about: Here is a fresh from the woodwork K.98 bayonet and frog. Nothing unusual or rare about it but just a nice example that has not been messed around with and has lain in the back of a cupboard

Default K.98 bayonet from Jersey, Channel Islands.

Here is a fresh from the woodwork K.98 bayonet and frog. Nothing unusual or rare about it but just a nice example that has not been messed around with and has lain in the back of a cupboard for the last 67 years or so. Its a matching numbered (9990b), made by (cof44), Eickhorn example. When I was first collecting as a 7 year old these were everywhere and cost £5, today they are pretty hard to find even as a common item.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K.98 bayonet from Jersey, Channel Islands.   K.98 bayonet from Jersey, Channel Islands.  

K.98 bayonet from Jersey, Channel Islands.   K.98 bayonet from Jersey, Channel Islands.  

K.98 bayonet from Jersey, Channel Islands.   K.98 bayonet from Jersey, Channel Islands.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K.98 bayonet from Jersey, Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

Alway good to see nice stuff.... unusual or not, these are the basic items a collector needs....

btw, matching ones are more and more difficult to find......

I still am looking for one with the nice red-brown bakelite grips.....

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

Nice setup and matching bayonet timothy

That's a very nice example!.....

?

Indeed!
    Very decent condition.

A total and complete example..which you have have the best of 3 worlds......Condition.....matching numbers, and a Frog in excellent condition! This should be what K98 bayo collectors should look for...as other dagger type collectors search for complete rigs such has hangers belt loops and portepees. Thanks for sharing. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nice Seitengewehr! Hard to find a good one like that! I just recently acquired one from my friend for $75.00 USD.. Awaiting for it via mail right now! But will post better quality photos when it arrives. Thought i'd share

Seitengewehr is marked crs44

And the Scheide is clc44

K.98 bayonet from Jersey, Channel Islands.K.98 bayonet from Jersey, Channel Islands.