Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K.98 bayonet scabbard dent removal tool found in Jersey Channel Islands today.

Article about: This is a really unusual tool, its for removing any dents that may occur in the scabbards of the standard issue K.98 bayonet. I have seen these tools before in European museums but have neve

Default K.98 bayonet scabbard dent removal tool found in Jersey Channel Islands today.

This is a really unusual tool, its for removing any dents that may occur in the scabbards of the standard issue K.98 bayonet. I have seen these tools before in European museums but have never been able to find one locally here in Jersey until half an hour ago. A friend I know who is a hoarder had a few German ammo boxes which he wanted to keep and this was inside one of them. He was not keen to part with it but I guess he could see my need for it was greater than his. It needed only a light clean as I don't want to buff it up too much.
    Like all German tools its nicely marked as you can see...H&K 39H, as well as being nicely waffenampt. Daft how thing go, but I am really chuffed to now have this in my collection. I would love to see the tool chest that this must surely once have been part of.... it must have been an armourers chest with all sorts of goodies in it.
    To see more of my collection have a look at German WW2 Militaria - Home
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K.98 bayonet scabbard dent removal tool found in Jersey Channel Islands today.   K.98 bayonet scabbard dent removal tool found in Jersey Channel Islands today.  

K.98 bayonet scabbard dent removal tool found in Jersey Channel Islands today.   K.98 bayonet scabbard dent removal tool found in Jersey Channel Islands today.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K.98 bayonet scabbard dent removal tool found in Jersey Channel Islands today.
    P
    Many

Default Re: K.98 bayonet scabbard dent removal tool found in Jersey Channel Islands today.

Very nice item to find. Glad you got it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: K.98 bayonet scabbard dent removal tool found in Jersey Channel Islands today.

A nice unusual but very handy item to have, if your not careful i can see hundreds of scabbards heading your way

That is so cool! Can I borrow it?!

What a great find. Thanks for sharing. That is one of those things I would not know what it is if had not seen it here. Cheers, Robert

Very nice find! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards

[/ATTACH]K.98 bayonet scabbard dent removal tool found in Jersey Channel Islands today.
    Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    I would love to see the tool chest that this must surely once have been part of....
    Does anybody know if anyone is after an armourer's chest?
    I've had one here for AGES - Wa Marked - sadly post-war painted in CZ piss-green..............but I have the chest and the top inters as well. I've put in on fleaBay a few times but nobody seems interested?????
    It would make an excellent display piece. The two detachable rifle rests that screw onto the lid are long gone (as are the wing-nuts)......but the rest of it is totally solid
    When I got it it was crammed FULL of starter tabs, firing pins, ejectors etc for mainly MG42, some MG34 parts.,and a few k98 and other unidentified parts, most of the spares are now in my armoury...and the chest has been hanging around for the past few years. I've toyed with the idea of sanding it down to a really smooth finish and staining it..........just never got around to it. It's SOLIDLY made......the underneath of the insert is covered in black felt.
    Anybody interested can see it in my album "collection"
    anybody?

Mike
    Last edited by davies435; 11-15-2011 at 05:58 PM.

?

great find!
    i know they exist but never saw one for real!
    Thx for sharing.

A very scarce item, this is the best one that I think I've seen. Congratulations on your find!!

?

A very cool find! Im sure this tool was put to use in its day more than people think

Now, who would be the one to be issued this? You dont see alot of em, so Im guessing it wasnt issued to many??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast