Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98 Bajonet

Article about: Hey there guys! I bought a k98 Bajonet and it just arrived. Here are some pictures. I like the Bajonet itself but I have a wierd feeling about the scabbard for some reason. But I am no exper

Default K98 Bajonet

Hey there guys!
    I bought a k98 Bajonet and it just arrived. Here are some pictures. I like the Bajonet itself but I have a wierd feeling about the scabbard for some reason. But I am no expert. What is your opinion? If you guys want better pictures just ask.
    Attachment 671862
    Attachment 671863
    Attachment 671864
    Attachment 671865

Cheers
    Remy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bajonet
    P
    Many

The scabbard looks painted? I have a feeling that the blade has been re-blued, just doesnt match the overall condition of the rest.

Looks to be a good s84/98 your scabbard should have a SN and a Waa on the ball or tip if military issue. timothy

?

How is the scabbard marked, does it match the bayo?

Jim

Thanx for the reactions guys! The scabbard is marked 3481 and a 'b' below these numbers. And yes DTVPKING, I have the feeling that the scabbard is repainted
    There is also some traces of a sort of fat on the blade. Is that normal? It is a bit yellow-brown or something.

?

The scabbard looks refinished to me aswell. Do the numbers match the bayonet, if not, how is marked and what is the date on the spine of the blade, 38,39 or 40? The "fat" you speak of is probably some congealed oil or some form of grease to protect the blade, which is why it has fared so much better than the handle.

Jim

the blade is marked 968 and below there is a "c". And on the spine it is marked with the date 50. It does not match the scabbard. Is the scabbard garbage because it is refinished? Or should I just keep it?

?

Quote by Angatta View Post
    the blade is marked 968 and below there is a "c". And on the spine it is marked with the date 50. It does not match the scabbard. Is the scabbard garbage because it is refinished? Or should I just keep it?
    It should be a 40 not 50. The scabbard isn't garbage, just not original finish which makes it less desirable than an original finish scabbard. It is still better than a relic condition or no scabbard at all.

Jim

Ah sorry, I meant that it is marked with 40. Miss typed it :P