Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 Bayonet 1942 E & F Horster With Bring Back Papers

Article about: Hi Guys , I haven't had this out for long time. The blade has a great deal of bluing left. Numbers on the sheath and the blade match/ 3094 and 1942ASW. Overall nice patina to me at least. so

Default K98 Bayonet 1942 E & F Horster With Bring Back Papers

Hi Guys ,
    I haven't had this out for long time. The blade has a great deal of bluing left. Numbers on the sheath and the blade match/ 3094 and 1942ASW. Overall nice patina to me at least. some rust pitting on the handle but that seems not to accelerated at all. Plus bring back papers.I like a more salty look.
    Thanks,
    GP
    Last edited by GeneralPutnam; 07-31-2018 at 08:56 PM. Reason: photo upload error

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bayonet 1942 E & F Horster With Bring Back Papers
    P
    Many

Very nice bayonet. I like the bring back papers. Thanks for sharing.
    John

It looks good to me, the paperwork is a not seen very often real bonus. Best Regards, Fred

GP was this from your Grandfather or a Vet pick up ?

The bring back papers just adds a ton of : Unmessed with / been in one collection.
    very nice

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry it was flea market pick up about 20 years go

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    Larry it was flea market pick up about 20 years go
    Sounds to me that it was the family of the Vet who put it out for sale and you happened to be at the right place at the right time....which makes it from Vet to you !

Nice
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A nice genuine veteran souvenir General P. That certificate is the icing on the cake, don't ever lose it. I would think it adds a premium to the value. Though it would look better with a frog.

MAP
    ?

Nice piece and paper.

His serial number I think puts him somewhere in 1943ish (enlistment) I guess but the bring back papers put him there Post War (Army of Occupation or just late getting shipped back?). So he was probably over there for quite some time.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

K98 Bayonet 1942 E & F Horster With Bring Back Papers

There are two John Conways listed as being from Connecticut, but your John lived in Fairfield which is where this guy now rests. I would say there is a pretty good chance this is the owner of your bayonet. Great find and with papers too. May he rest in peace.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast