Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 bayonet

Article about: Hi guys picked this up today. Funny thing is the Scabbard is not marked at all and the blade is Marked 3 K on one side and W KC on the other side frog is dated 1938. Has anybody ever seen on

?

Default K98 bayonet

Hi guys picked this up today. Funny thing is the Scabbard is not marked at all and the blade is Marked 3 K on one side and W KC on the other side frog is dated 1938. Has anybody ever seen one marked like this before.thanks for looking and any help Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 bayonet   K98 bayonet  

K98 bayonet   K98 bayonet  

K98 bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet
    P
    Many

Tidy bayonet Gary. It looks like there is no Waffen Abnahme Amt mark on the pommel either. so that narrows the field. I assume no date number on top of the ricasso?
    This being the case I'd say it's a bayonet produced for a German State Authority ( not a military contract), probably in that 1939-41 window. So there are a number of potential users. WKC did a a lot of contract work for these State authorities. You can view another WKC on the thread started by JackD on 7/31/18 in the K98 sub forum.

?

Anderson thank you for a place to start to look

?

Anderson the only marks on it are the ones I posted . Gary

Looking at the fairly serious grinding on both sides of the ricasso area etc. - I'm getting the sense that this might be a rework of some kind, and not done in the fashion that was normally used by the Germans. Any chance for some more photos of the pommel and other areas? Best Regards, Fred

Good point about the ricasso angle grind Fred, i hadn't enlarged the pictures so didn't notice that. Having looked at the blade again, it is of the rougher finish we start seeing from about 1942, so I would think it probably fits in about that era. Of course no way of knowing if someone post war has added to the blade marks.

?

Thank you for looking ill get some better photos up soon

?

A few more photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 bayonet   K98 bayonet  

The new pictures do help, but there still seem to be some inconsistencies with the so-called mid war Behörden ("Commercial") S. 84/98 bayonets that I thought could be a possible answer as to where to categorize this bayonet. Best Regards, Fred

?

Hi Fred thanks for looking this bayonet came out of a house along with the heer cap o posted . Gary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast