Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 Bayonet

Article about: Morning all, I've got a K98 bayonet, but I'm unsure whether it is WW2 period, or later, and whether it is actually German issue at all. Also I'm a little confused by the markings. It is Waff

Default K98 Bayonet

Morning all,

I've got a K98 bayonet, but I'm unsure whether it is WW2 period, or later, and whether it is actually German issue at all.

Also I'm a little confused by the markings. It is Waffen stamped - WaA883 - on the end of the handle. And there are two different stamps on either side of the blade.

The left hand side reads - 41.cul

The right hand side reads - 53 c (the c is underneath the 53)

Any help would be brilliant!

Kind Regards,
    Woody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Bayonet   K98 Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bayonet
    P
    Many

Thumbs up Re: K98 Bayonet

Hi Woody

Original WWII used German K98k bayonet made by Ernst Pack & Sohne, Solingen 41-44.

Greetz

Nick VR

Default Re: K98 Bayonet

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    Hi Woody

Original WWII used German K98k bayonet made by Ernst Pack & Sohne, Solingen 41-44.

Greetz

Nick VR

Superb Nick! Thanks a lot!

I only paid £45 for it, so I'm delighted now!

?

Hello, firstly the scabbard is unmarked? by matched piece should be same stamps as bayonet, secondly i believe the piece is little problematic, certainly the grips were changed as red plastic is late war used, same i dont like the color of blueing? looks too nice for a 1941 piece. best regards,Andy

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Hello, firstly the scabbard is unmarked? by matched piece should be same stamps as bayonet, secondly i believe the piece is little problematic, certainly the grips were changed as red plastic is late war used, same i dont like the color of blueing? looks too nice for a 1941 piece. best regards,Andy
    Hi Andy,

No, the scabbard doesn't match, so that is obviously a replacement. The handles are definatly bakelite, but I understand why you think they may be plastic..... the flash from the camera makes them look lighter than they actually are.

Woody

?

Hello is there any waA on ball finial, i believe the scabbard is a commerzial contract? the plastic of is so called phenolic resin, is too light for 1941, i have 41cul and it is dark brown colored.When You could dissasemble the grips, You will see its not proper stamped, it could be correct late war rework. best regards,Andy

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Hello is there any waA on ball finial, i believe the scabbard is a commerzial contract? the plastic of is so called phenolic resin, is too light for 1941, i have 41cul and it is dark brown colored.When You could dissasemble the grips, You will see its not proper stamped, it could be correct late war rework. best regards,Andy
    Hi Andy,

I've now took the grips off. Could you tell me what markings I should be looking for?

Kind Regards,
    Woody

Hi Andy,

I've took pictures of all of the markings on the bayonet. Hopefully this should clear it up either way!

Kind Regards,
    Lee
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Bayonet   K98 Bayonet  

K98 Bayonet   K98 Bayonet  

?

Thanks for details the grips should be 517 serialed as flashguard too, any stamps on grips or only G and number stamp? Your serial number is 58 c.

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Thanks for details the grips should be 517 serialed as flashguard too, any stamps on grips or only G and number stamp? Your serial number is 58 c.
    Hi Andy,

The flashgaurd is quite heavilly pitted, like it's been used to hammer something!

The handle grips are marked, but they're two different number. The left side of the handle is marked - G 20
    The right side is marked - 33 G

Do you think the bayonet is original or fake?

Kind regards,
    Lee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast