Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 Bayonet Coppel

Article about: Hi guys, I have purchased my first bayonet sorry for the bad photos. The numbers are not matching. The bayonet is made by Coppel in 1940. the scabbard is marked 42 ASW.

Default K98 Bayonet Coppel

Hi guys,
    I have purchased my first bayonet sorry for the bad photos.
    The numbers are not matching. The bayonet is made by Coppel in 1940. the scabbard is marked 42 ASW.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Bayonet Coppel   K98 Bayonet Coppel  

K98 Bayonet Coppel   K98 Bayonet Coppel  

K98 Bayonet Coppel  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bayonet Coppel
    P
    Many

Not uncommon at all to find mismatched bayonets..you never know what happened during the heat of battle...and up to present time. I would like to think..it was battle lost..and another picked up along the way.
    The bayonet numbers come back to Horster...see link here scroll down a bit https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...s-rbnr-233978/

The bayo Gents will be able to give you more of a precise answer..including the history of the frog attached to it. Nice rig Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nice s84/98 by Koppel as stated frog looks like it could be one for the Luftwaffe by looking at it could have a maker mark and date on back or even a LBA number on back. Frogs got mixed around also. Nice set! timothy

?

Even though they don't match, they are in real nice condition and a good start into bayonet collecting. The frog does look like it's luftwaffe, is it marked in any way?

Jim

Thanks guys,
    The frog is not marked.

As a friend related to me long ago, most collections start with a single item. And then after that it remains to be seen if it becomes a driving force (or Passion as Larry says). With my own sense of the frog as very likely a later wartime general Wehrmacht issue example that are sometimes seen with unfinished leather. Assuming of course that the rivets/washers are not aluminum. Which is not to say that there are no Luftwaffe marked frogs using unfinished leather, or the long central line of stitching (but as a rule not both together). Best Regards, Fred
    Last edited by Frogprince; 03-19-2014 at 02:55 AM.

?

I dont like the sewing, leather and rivets of the frog, i believe the frog is a rework or a very good repro.

Not only late war frogs are brown....

until 1940 the frogs of the Heer were made out of buff leather... painted black by the soldiers, but not always.

In 1935, only for e few month, there was introduced a "trial" buff leather equipment together with other things... but were replaced 1935 by other orders.

Here are brown early frogs of the Heere,,, these are NOT Luftwaffe frogs .... B = Heeresbekleidungsamt Berlin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Bayonet Coppel   K98 Bayonet Coppel  

K98 Bayonet Coppel  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast