Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

k98 bayonet frog and Rbnr numbers questions?

Article about: I have a couple frogs with Rbnr numbers, one of which I don't think is on the master list shown on the site, and the arrangement of the Rbnr numbers is different, not all in a single line, a

Default k98 bayonet frog and Rbnr numbers questions?

I have a couple frogs with Rbnr numbers, one of which I don't think is on the master list shown on the site, and the arrangement of the Rbnr numbers is different, not all in a single line, and dated 43 on the bottom. The numbers are 0/0676/0039 and finally 43.

The other frog Rbnr numbers are much harder to read, but it looks like 0/250/001 for the Berlin area, but there is also more numbers underneath along with what looks like 194(?). This one also has rather flimsy leather by comparison to other frogs, the handle retaining loop leather is rough side out, and the steel retaining loop stud is slightly pointy, not flat on top like your typical German holster closure stud.

Is it normal to see much flimsier leather on a late war frog? The leather in the front pocket area of the frog is half the thickness of the other frog. The belt loop area is also narrower than the other one.

Any thoughts from advanced bayonet/frog collectors welcomed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement k98 bayonet frog and Rbnr numbers questions?
    P
    Many

Default Re: k98 bayonet frog and Rbnr numbers questions?

"0676" is for makers located in Offenbach (Hessen).

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks much Ade, I will add it to my records. Is it odd to have the Rbnr nummers stacked up like this?

Hi Larboard check out our link on the dagger forum for more Rbnr numbers here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...d-rbnr-233978/
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill