Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 bayonet with no markings, only with "a" on the spin blade

Article about: hello everyone, I would very appreciate a little help with identification of k98 bayonet. it has no markings, only "a" on spin blade. Did it be used for police forces? Export? It i

Default K98 bayonet with no markings, only with "a" on the spin blade

hello everyone,
    I would very appreciate a little help with identification of k98 bayonet. it has no markings, only "a" on spin blade. Did it be used for police forces? Export?

K98 bayonet with no markings, only with "a" on the spin bladeK98 bayonet with no markings, only with "a" on the spin bladeK98 bayonet with no markings, only with "a" on the spin blade

It is similar to this;
    Spain - Standard-Modell German Pattern Bayonet Without Guard

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    martin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet with no markings, only with "a" on the spin blade
    P
    Many

SRB
    ?

u have scabard (spanish not samelike germans)? u try remove wood handle? or safety screw? for more markings or waa codes

it is german, for sure (I only took photos of blade, not whole bayonet). Ok, I will try to remove wood handle - and check there - thanks for advice!

Hello,

this S84/98 is made for export. Never been used in Germany. This bayontes with fleshguard were deliverd to Spain.

SRB
    ?

good idea is the post photo of whole bayonet

I can't remove wodden handle - I don't want to damage screws. Here is the photo of whole bayonet.
    K98 bayonet with no markings, only with "a" on the spin blade

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello,

this S84/98 is made for export. Never been used in Germany. This bayontes with fleshguard were deliverd to Spain.
    Thanks for this advice. I tried to find more about this "a" code - some folks suggest that it could be used by police forces... but I didn't find anything about particular this mark. Do you know, what is the name of producer such version of k98?

?

Some of the a signed pieces was found with police acceptance on spine, is there something? b.r.Andy

There is too much mystic, assumption and wishful thinking put inside this mark.

This is only the internal proofmark of this maker... nothing elese.

The main stock of this bayontes were deliverd to spain in the 1930´th years.

It seems that a litte quantity were taken out of this conract for police issue in germany. This bayontes owns police property markings on the blade spin. But í´m realy not sure if this stamps are original.

Regards

What I have in my notes/information from untouched OEM specimens is this: The bright metal sometimes externally Spanish marked S. 84/98 type bayonets, with the straight wing Waffenamt underneath the grips (sometimes erased), there is no corresponding bright or blued flashguard. But also noting that the Spanish did rework some of them. With the German Police marked examples for some reason having two pommel Waffenamts. But no maker or serial number, with an examination of the various tang markings leading me to believe that Horster circa 1939 may have been the maker. Best Regards, Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast