Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

K98 bayonet...pawn shop find

Article about: by warbuff just wondering, what makes the frog harder to find than the bayonet? I am trying to expand my knowledge on bayonets I agree with William..when these bayos were first distributed a

Quote by warbuff View Post
    just wondering, what makes the frog harder to find than the bayonet? I am trying to expand my knowledge on bayonets
    I agree with William..when these bayos were first distributed and given to the soldiers..all accompanying accoutrements came with it. The same goes for a most other daggers and swords. To acquire a "whole complete dagger or bayo..is very desirable among collectors. Frogs and hangers as William said do Rot and fall off..or damaged more easily in battle. The more original the bayo..with everything with it..the more desirable and worth it becomes.

Who wants to buy a 6pack of beer with only 5 beers included?

Just my words:..... A partial bayonet or dagger is partial history..... a full rig tells more of a story of the time period..and the owner who carried it. Regards Larry

Dont get me wrong..there is nothing wrong with an incomplete bayo or knife...None....im just saying a full rig is more desirable. Its all still history no matter whats missing.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet...pawn shop find
    P
    Many

Hello,

this is not a bayonet... this is knife of a fireman. Correct told Faschinenmesser

The frog belongs to the wermacht - Heer is is not correct

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2