Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98 bayonet for review

Article about: Hello everyone, Here is my Jos Corts K98 bayonet with matching number scabbard and frog. One of the frog rivets has been replaced. I bought it a couple of months ago. When advertised the gri

?

Default K98 bayonet for review

Hello everyone,
    Here is my Jos Corts K98 bayonet with matching number scabbard and frog. One of the frog rivets has been replaced. I bought it a couple of months ago. When advertised the grips looked a lot darker (almost black) and in good condition. The bayonet arrived with a thin layer of what I thought was oil on the blade and handles. I removed the substance which revealed the grips to be quite discoloured. Curious to see what you all think.

Alex

K98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for reviewK98 bayonet for review
    Last edited by Alex W; 11-23-2013 at 02:05 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet for review
    P
    Many

?

This is the advertised picture.

K98 bayonet for review

Hi Alex, looks fine to me.

The grips often show this kind of age. Which is to be expected now 70 odd years on. The lack of gloss would not concern me too much.

Maybe a light coat of "Renwax" might help if this bothers you?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Ade,

the pics I took are after a few coats of renwax. Being a combat bayonet it normally wouldn't bother me but to me they look a bit different to the advertised pictures.

In that case you have done all you can. Glad to hear you use Renwax

It is a really nice item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Alex you done well with an all matching numbers and making it complete with a frog hanger. Great condition from what I can see and from a reputable dealer. You done well!! Best regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Ade and Larry for your comments

Nice matching complete combat 84/98 rig the early ones like yours 1940 are well machined and made. timothy

?

Thanks Timothy

?

Looks like the handle was reblued, as normally the rivets in guard should be not visible. a nice piece.