MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

K98 Bayonet- worth bidding?

Article about: "THIS IS A TOP INVESTOR AND COLLECTOR GRADE ITEM" From the images that is debatable, but I've seen worse. But that was only in a close up, and what does the rest of the bayonet loo

Default Re: K98 Bayonet- worth bidding?

"THIS IS A TOP INVESTOR AND COLLECTOR GRADE ITEM" From the images that is debatable, but I've seen worse. But that was only in a close up, and what does the rest of the bayonet look like close up? As was mentioned the grips are replacements (and the wood originals were usually numbered and Waffenamted to match). The finish? It could be original or an armory rework.

"K" dates are fairly hard to find, but "G" dates not so much. But both are seen less frequently than the later issues. Value? IMO that depends a lot on the actual condition and right now w/o the original grips I would put it at less - but I imagine that also depends on where you live.

Best Regards, FP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bayonet- worth bidding?
    P
    Many

Hello everyone,

I found another one on Ebay, it is pretty cheap at the moment, and seems to be in good condition.

What do you think of this one?

ORG.1942 WWII GERMAN K98 MAUSER aSW BAYONET & Scabbord on eBay.ca (item 350422887866 end time 21-Dec-10 14:19:09 EST)

Frog Prince- Thanks for the information on the dates. Do you think the grips on that bayonet are wartime replacements or post war?

Thanks a lot,

Eagle

Eagle,

I like this one less than the last one. In the images it looks like lots of cold blue over??? And I don't like the "No refunds!!!!!!!!" part either.

As for the "G" date, German armory reworks of early bayonets are not uncommon. But usually they still have wood grips. So I'm going to err on the side of later. And I'm also assuming that the grips are the black type, but not 100 % sure from the images. And would really like to have a close up look or three before making a more definitive statement. And you would still probably have to pull off the grips to see if they are period renumbered or not.

Best Regards. FP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2