MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 bayont buy - any info welcome

Article about: So I only have WW1 bayonets, and I wanted to expand my WW1 bayonet collection, unfortunately my dealer had sold out on WW1 bayonets, so I decided to get myself a WW2 bayonet, of which he had

Default K98 bayont buy - any info welcome

So I only have WW1 bayonets, and I wanted to expand my WW1 bayonet collection, unfortunately my dealer had sold out on WW1 bayonets, so I decided to get myself a WW2 bayonet, of which he had some K98 bayonets. To my surprise, WW2 bayonets cost almost double a WW1 bayonet (surprised me?!).

(Foto of the K98 between two of my WW1's)

Anyway I bought it, and it looks fine, made in 1940 and looks like wood handle with matching numbers and made by Hörster.

Any extra information in general concerning this type of bayonet is welcome!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayont buy -  any info welcome
    P
    Many

Here, in France, from the same factory, but the blade is blue !
    Eisernen kreuz -->Baio 98K 1 / excellent état
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

MAP
    ?

Matching Horster. Nice way to start! Blade looks like it has been heavily cleaned as there is no bluing left on it.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

They are supposed to be blue?

?

Quote by Wolfang View Post
    They are supposed to be blue?
    Yes

Semper Fi
    Phil

k98 bayonets data and registry

The site on bayonnets.

don't send to me MP telling I want to make money on the first item on EK, it's not mine.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Ah, I thought it was you selling that bayonet. I was actually just looking at the K98 registry before reading your reply

--
    It seems my blue has been cleaned off, this is what happens when you don't really know the item that you are abuying unfortunately.

Well used and cleaned s84/98 but original and matching which are getting harder to find other than condition a fine one to add to your set by a well known maker of these s84/98 combat bayonets the guys are correct it is missing a lot of blueing that was originally there I have a few like it. timothy

?

As has been said all numbers matching is getting hard to find. Too bad all the finish has been cleaned off. Are the grips wood? Should be bakelite and if they are wood, they shouldn't have the 7 diagonal lines, unless they are reproduction or someone added them.

Jim

Jim, As I know that you already know - the red Bakelite grips used sawdust and larger wood particles as a filler, whereas the earlier black Bakelite grips used something like a finely divided wood flour. And if I had to make a guess myself (without the benefit of extra pictures or a look at the insides for markings) it's that the grips are probably originals of the black Bakelite type that's been sanded. Best Regards, Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast