Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

K98 Eickhorn Date

Article about: The Luft eagle may have originally been a lapel/stick pin. It seems a little too big for a ribbon device, but that was also a thought.........

Default K98 Eickhorn Date

Can anyone tell me what date this bayonet was made I have look at a chart but cannot seem to find it(loosing the plot) the bayonet is in great condition someone has added a luft eagle to the grip, non matching numbers and I am not to sure about the frog.

Thanks for any help z4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panorama2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	651687   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panorama.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	651686  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The date may be on the spine of the blade just below the hilt

The date should be on the spine or backbone of the blade right next to the cross guard. It should be a 37-40.

Where did the LW eagle come from? I mean, where has it been taken of? It has some great detail for such a small eagle.

Don't know why I did not look on the spine thought I was loosing the plot anyway its 1939 as for the eagle I have no idea.

The frog looks like it may for a dress bayonet....Pete.

I am pretty sure the frog is a reproduction, the shape is a little off and the stitching is way too wide and loose. The grips are replacements as well, they should be bakelite. Can't tell if they are original wood that has been varnished or reproduction, but the color seems a little off. Well worth finding the right grips and replacing them IMO.

I thought the frog looked wrong, I think someone has just messed with this bayonet to make it look more expensive.

I just like to say thanks for all the help.

Quote by zephyr4 View Post
    I just like to say thanks for all the help.

I can't speak for others, but I enjoy helping. It keeps me sharp and lets me research something I don't have but may come across someday. Plenty of fellow collectors have helped, and still help me, from time to time. I actually enjoy it more than posting my own stuff!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast