Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

K98? Help Please

Article about: Any info on this piece It's long, about 17" blade, Paweco maker. Matching numbers. Thanks!

Default K98? Help Please

Any info on this piece It's long, about 17" blade, Paweco maker. Matching numbers. Thanks!

K98? Help PleaseK98? Help PleaseK98? Help PleaseK98? Help PleaseK98? Help PleaseK98? Help PleaseK98? Help Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98? Help Please
    P
    Many

You have a there a fairly interesting and rare Police bayonet, made by Paul Weyersburg Company (PAWECO) probably in the late Weimar republic/ early Nazi period. Some of these that turn up don't have the Nazi Police badge. This one may have had the badge added after 1933 and was then obsolete by 1936. This one also has the imitation button on the hilt as well. Not a lot are known about this type, it's possible if was only used in a certain region. A nice find, thanks for showing it to us.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It is an interesting bayonet and I could not help the OP on this one.
    John

Thank you for the additional info. We thought it might be an unusual piece, as I have not found much about it on the web searches I have done. Can anyone venture a value? Ballpark? Thanks!

Quote by KarenFC View Post
    Thank you for the additional info. We thought it might be an unusual piece, as I have not found much about it on the web searches I have done. Can anyone venture a value? Ballpark? Thanks!
    You might want to send a PM to the member who identified this item. He is very good with this type item. Forum frowns upon giving monetary appraisals

OK, thanks! Will do.