Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

k98 slanted wood handles

Article about: This is a Belgian M1924 bayonet: And these is Belgian M24 "export bayonet": Maybe it's the Belgian M24 export bayonet, captured and remodeled by TR? But compound blade with crossgu

Default k98 slanted wood handles

I accidentally but the wrong handles as I didn't notice the slanted curve on the back of my bayonet.

Where can I get Slanted k98 handles? Reproduction ones are fine, as I already goofed and bought k98 straight handles.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement k98 slanted wood handles
    P
    Many

You can try to find them on eBay.
    But my advice: Save money and buy a bayonet in good condition, like this one:

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture k98 slanted wood handles  

Hi Jim welcome to the forum...unless your into refurbishing bayonets..I would also agree with Vedrans advice..as these K98s are relatively inexpensive. Give this Gent a shout Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals he might has some. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Kind of looks like a CZ Chech made bayonet is why the handles slant as they were angled at the top if it is missing the muzzle ring may be one of the DOT German occupation made ones or a German modified one. I see two bumps on hilt which is a good indicator of them as s84/98 did not have these. So it is correct German made s84/98 grips would not fit on this handle as they were a straight cut. Grips could be found for the CZ bayonets. timothy

I guess that I was wrong.
    Timothy thank you for the correction.

Regards
    Vedran

With apologies for an old photo at an angle, and poor lighting - prewar and wartime CZ bayonets along with a 98K (S. 84/98) bayonet for contrast. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture k98 slanted wood handles  

I noticed it when I got to looking Rancid sometimes at a glance they do look very similar. Thanks Fred for the comparision. timothy

After a lot of looking I found them here....

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1139660.htm

?

The first picture is a belgian M24 piece.

Quote by AndyB View Post
    The first picture is a belgian M24 piece.
    That could be can't see enough of it to really tell I went with CZ from what I could see definetly not s84/98. timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast