Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

KS 98 with frog and portapee

Article about: KS 98 with frog and portape this was a vetern purchase by another friend. Frog is for 84/98 and not in best of shape but this is how it came from vet. Bayonet is unmarked.

Default KS 98 with frog and portapee

KS 98 with frog and portape this was a vetern purchase by another friend. Frog is for 84/98 and not in best of shape but this is how it came from vet. Bayonet is unmarked.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KS 98 with frog and portapee   KS 98 with frog and portapee  

KS 98 with frog and portapee   KS 98 with frog and portapee  

KS 98 with frog and portapee  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KS 98 with frog and portapee
    P
    Many

Nice set-up, Timothy...I remember when nobody really wanted these parade bayonets, and now they've become quite desirable and commanding much higher prices...I shouldn't have sold mine, lol...Thanks for showing!
    cheers, Glenn

- - Updated - -

Thanks a lot Larry and Glenn Larry I didn't show any closeups of blade as this one is unmarked by any maker scabbard is typical dress type just plain. I remember those days too Glenn that is why a few years ago I picked up as many as I could they are on the rise price wise now is the time to pickup another one. You know Tom Johnson done a article back in the 1980's and predicted these would be "Sleepers" in the edged weapon collecting. You know another reason I like the KS 98 dress bayonets is they go better with my EM uniforms and other items than officers daggers do I kept a army officer's dagger out of 30 different daggers I once had. timothy

a nice honest set.

Hello,

this is a Extra-Seitengewehr, normal not for use in service

Seitengewehrtasche (Frog) and Troddel (knot... not a Portepee) are official service Models

So dress-bayonet and frog/knot don´t belong together.

The Troddel is one of the Ergänzungs-Kompanie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KS 98 with frog and portapee  

Sleepwalker was the above knot worn with a 84/98 or just KS98 some period pictures show both? Thanks timothy

Hallo,

this knots were worn with the S84/98.

you must differ "walking out" knots and service knots.

There were made in different quality and different Material and color.

The shown knot is a service example

Thanks would you please post a example of a walking out EM one I know what the NCO is. timothy