Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

KS 98 with simulated stag grips

Article about: KS 98 with simulated stag grips (Wood) along side real stag. The hilt and pommel of this one is not plated and possibly leftover blade was used. Might have been using up parts when productio

Default KS 98 with simulated stag grips

KS 98 with simulated stag grips (Wood) along side real stag. The hilt and pommel of this one is not plated and possibly leftover blade was used. Might have been using up parts when production stopped what do you think. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KS 98 with simulated stag grips   KS 98 with simulated stag grips  

KS 98 with simulated stag grips   KS 98 with simulated stag grips  

KS 98 with simulated stag grips  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KS 98 with simulated stag grips
    P
    Many

Default Re: KS 98 with simulated stag grips

Blade is unmarked. timothy

Just thought I would bump This thread up. I just picked up a bayonet almost identical to the one shown here, and through my studies I have discovered that these dress bayonets with stag imitation grips were most likely produced very late war using lesser quality materials than ones found on early and mid war produced dress bayonets. As for the plating on the hilt and cross guard, I have found that these late war produced dress bayonets were chrome plated not nickel plated like those produced earlier in the war, and the plating did not hold up as well as that of nickel plating. The blades on these dress bayonets were also chrome plated instead of nickel plated which gives them a slightly different "Shine" than some others.

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to shed some light, and of course these are just my observations not concrete facts.

Your points are what George Wheeler in his book "Seitengewher" 1919-1945 points out. I like these models thanks for bringing it up. timothy

SRB
    ?

original war period, but no markings? this typ only have markings on blade?

Quote by SRB View Post
    original war period, but no markings? this typ only have markings on blade?
    Not all bayonets were marked. There are many unmarked examples, but when they are marked, It is on the blade.