Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ks98 (1)

Article about: Please tell me the originality of the subject. I would be very grateful for all the answers.

?

Hard to say from trade mark,anyway the grip rivets are little strange done,horn grips are of old material and scabbard looks repainted,possible similar pieces wout press button were used earlier too.the quality of grip,nickeling should be compared with prewar piece.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ks98 (1)
    P
    Many

Dok
    ?

Hi Andy. As I understand it, Carl Schmidt & Sohn is one of the very rare manufacturers of 3 Reich melee weapons. This is illustrated by the Heer dagger. Rarity 10 out of ten. This also applies to other bayonets - SA dagger, HJ Knife and Dress Bayonet. We see their single instances and we get such a picture that we have nothing to compare with. I have not found a similar instance of Dress Bayonet anywhere.
    Ks98 (1)

?

Yes the stamp on SA daggers is different, the name has no & and is A.G. also aktien Gesselschaft, i would compare the stamp of HJ knife with the Solingen designation for font and size with Your piece, evidently exist postwar production of similar scout knives marked with Church stamp and Solingen logo too. i assume the stamps is little different. Personally i would compare the handle type, as i assume the handles were buyed by other firms as Schmidt was mainly a small knives and scissors producer in that period. b.r.Andy

Dok
    ?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Personally i would compare the handle type, as i assume the handles were buyed by other firms as Schmidt was mainly a small knives and scissors producer in that period. b.r.Andy

Maybe, but I can’t find another firms that does not have a button on the dress bayonet handle. Who can tell please
    Last edited by Dok; 02-23-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3