Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Lithuanian M 24 L Bayonet

Article about: Hallo, here is a lithuanian bayonet for the FN M 24 L rifle. It was delviered to Lithuania between 1935 and 1939. This bayonet is also made from the belgian maker FN and it is a copy of long

Quote by Larry C View Post
    All Im seeing is Czech. Lithuania, Russian,.. a sequence of launch codes,,foreign captured and I like the word "Nomenclatures" ....sounds cool like clay pigeons

So does this bayonet belong on this forum? Is there anything German about it? and yes Im still lost.
    From what I've seen so far it's not a M 24L. But it could be another captured bayonet from a prewar FN customer(?). And we haven't heard from Sleepwalker yet who may have some other information that's not apparent now. Leave it in a holding pattern while it gets sorted out? Best Regards, Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lithuanian M 24 L Bayonet
    P
    Many

Lol OK
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello,

yes this is a mistake.

This is a overworked Persian M98/29 Bayonet.

A real Lithuanian M24L i show soon.

The differnet version of the Vz.23 are very confusing.

Has anyone Informations were this bayonets were deliverd?

Here for more confusing... a overworked Vz.23 scabbard, maybe a 98/29. It looks like a rework from Yugoslavia of 1924 forwards. The frog stud and the number is typical for Yugoslavia. The orginal czech frog stud or the persian bail were replaced.
    Also the rivetes of the scabbard mouth were replaced.

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lithuanian M 24 L Bayonet   Lithuanian M 24 L Bayonet  

Lithuanian M 24 L Bayonet   Lithuanian M 24 L Bayonet  

?

Good, then I'm not crazy I studied and looked over and over at the original pictures and just could not see the difference between it and most other 1924 exports. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Jim

Jim, No you’re not crazy, it’s just that the differences can be subtle.

With the first image that of the FN made Lithuanian M 24L pictured on top of a period ‘commercial' Czech Vz 23. And while this image is not the best, I think that it can be seen that the frog studs are different and that the FN bayonet scabbard is painted black. With the second one a closeup of the hilts showing the different type gray phosphate finishes, ricasso areas, and the FN style push release stud for the bayonet catch instead of the smoother dome shape of CZ. As well as the Lithuanian "Pillars of Gediminidas” stamp on the ball, with a better drawing of same.

With the bottom one a Czech Persian contract 98/29 showing the staple type of attachment that was used instead of a frog stud. Noting that for this particular Czech export model bayonet the blade in the scabbard was rotated 180 degrees from standard Czech bayonets. With the ball on the end appearing to me to be otherwise identical to other Czech made bayonets of that period.

Lastly, I do have some of the delivery dates information somewhere in my records/archived data. With more on the CZ side than FN, as that was where more of my rifle collecting interests were when it was a more active collecting field for me. So I will start looking them. Best Regards to Both, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lithuanian M 24 L Bayonet   Lithuanian M 24 L Bayonet  

It doesnt look like a K98 ?
    Attached Images Attached Images Lithuanian M 24 L Bayonet 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, you’re 100% correct they are not K98 (Kar. 98k rifle bayonets) - although they do fit on the 4 cm bayonet mounting stud just like a German S. 84/98 (98K) bayonet. No argument there. But the M 24L I posted was found in a Wehrmacht issue frog that was in a group of some of the best quality single source GI bring backs (bayonets and daggers) that I was very fortunate to find before it got scattered to the winds. With the in use picture here one I’ve posted before of a somewhat close relative, the Vz. 24 (S. 24(t) bayonet that I think might help illustrate my thinking that the M 24L is (or at least from my own perspective) should be appropriate for the forum. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lithuanian M 24 L Bayonet  

A K 98 Bayonet does not exist. Serveral types of bayonets fix the Mauser 98 System.

Also the czech Vz. 23 and Vz. 24 series.

The tithuanian M24L fix the Mauser 98 system, so it was used by germans after the looting in 1941 from the russians.

Here out of the german manual for captured smal arms.

Now here two long bayontes, i doe think there are captured lithuanian bayonets, together with 3 scrabbards.

The first i think is the FN Modell, muzzle ring removed and blued. Scabbard and guard have lithuanian accaptance markings.

second a csr made Vz.23.

the accaptance marking had been chanchend in S- Lion - 33 and was cancelnd.

The germans removed the muzzle ring and overworked the metal parts of the hilt and guard. All parts were blued.

There was two scabbards within. A Vz.23 and a belgian with lithuanian accaptance marking.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast