Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Mark on scabbard ball tip - whatzit?

Article about: Can someone id this mark please. The scabb. I think is czech - it has that small protruding piece you see on the lip of cz bayos. But this scabbard contains a weyersberg postal rp stamped ba

?

Default Mark on scabbard ball tip - whatzit?

Can someone id this mark please. The scabb. I think is czech - it has that small protruding piece you see on the lip of cz bayos.
    But this scabbard contains a weyersberg postal rp stamped bayo. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mark on scabbard ball tip - whatzit?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mark on scabbard ball tip - whatzit?
    P
    Many

?

I seriously doubt this is an rp mark. But it's interesting that the bayonet wear (or at least the guard) has the same wear as the scabbard. Meaning: Possible wartime mismatch?

This is a german scabbard for the S84/98 n.A. made from 1915 to 1918. The mark is a imperial acceptance mark. ... the first letter of the officers surname "C" in gothic type under a crown...

After the great war the imperial bayonets were used in modificted versions until 1945. But together with a P. Weyersberg S84/98 for the Reichspost this scabbard is not matching.

Regards

You need an unmarked scabbard out of P. Weyersberg produktion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mark on scabbard ball tip - whatzit?   Mark on scabbard ball tip - whatzit?  

Mark on scabbard ball tip - whatzit?   Mark on scabbard ball tip - whatzit?  

Mark on scabbard ball tip - whatzit?