Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Minty dress short bayonet,red felt insert.

Article about: Really like this dress bayonet ,great cond,no frog,vet buy,what happend to these frogs,did the vets discard them and just bring back the bayonets?What year produced?

Default Minty dress short bayonet,red felt insert.

Really like this dress bayonet ,great cond,no frog,vet buy,what happend to these frogs,did the vets discard them and just bring back the bayonets?What year produced?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Minty dress short bayonet,red felt insert.   Minty dress short bayonet,red felt insert.  

Minty dress short bayonet,red felt insert.   Minty dress short bayonet,red felt insert.  

Minty dress short bayonet,red felt insert.   Minty dress short bayonet,red felt insert.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Minty dress short bayonet,red felt insert.
    P
    Many

?

Nice piece. I am not sure but believe that Holler trademark is mid-period or later. My brain is dead so I could be wrong. Frogs get crazed, or lost to time but most edged dress pieces I have acquired the frog has come home with them. Here is a Puma of mine in honor of your earlier HJ Puma you posted. Be careful now we dont want your name to become FINGER CUTTER Keep the digits. Luckily these dress pieces were not sharpened so I throw them at my wife at times Night Night. FYI I drove through your state yesterday and was in Des Moines for business for the day. Suppose to snow in MN tonight. UGH!

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks!Very nice PUMA bayonet,thanks for showing it!

That's a very nice dress bayonet TC ( as is the Puma, I have one identical) The dress frogs were not as resilient as the combat frogs. For one thing they were not riveted. I recently bought three reasonably cheaply as the leather had separated and required reglueing. The stitching is also less heavy duty. The patent leather frogs degrade over time with weird cracking and I imagine some were tossed out in the 1970's.