Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My first bayonet

Article about: Hi guys , after getting my first relic helmet i decided to find a bayonet i think (hope) it is a k98 , i am told it is from a battle in Kurland paid £40 inc shipping what do you think, how d

Arrived today, well impressed, the numbers are as stated maker s178 serial number 6768a number on spine 36 the scabbard does not match its numbers are s/245 1937 and number 4666 it has remnant bits of black paint, the blade itself seems in pretty good condition i will clean it up and put some pics up.
    Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first bayonet
    P
    Many

after a quick clean, looks like someone has sharpened it
    My first bayonet

Just got another, a real old battered job, however it now has a home, pictures to follow.

Its common that some of these bayos have been sharpened....they were used not only for killing but the soldier also needed it also to use for cutting or chopping...and any other related use.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

My first bayonet

Well its here pretty much full of rust, not sure if i will clean it or not, i would like to see the maker, serial numbers etc and then let it R.I.P
    (Rot in peace).

Hi Steve..leave it alone...the rust and corrosion is the only thing holding it together.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Cheers Larry, the actual blade is quite strong, above that well the handles are shot and pretty much everything around it is like the blade rusty but strong, no doubting this one was dug up.

Well, i decided to give it a light clean to remove the loose rust, in the end i thought a 24 hour soak in white vinegar would be my choice and here it is afterwards, very heavy pitting so no real id markings to go by however a little grease to the blade and that is it now, i soon became the owner of three bayos 2 k98`s and one mauser that had been "turked" i got that off a member here and love it.

My first bayonet
    My first bayonet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3