Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My first dress bajonett

Article about: Hi guys, this is my first dress Bajonett. Do you like it? Any red flags?

Default My first dress bajonett

Hi guys,

this is my first dress Bajonett. Do you like it? Any red flags?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first dress bajonett
    P
    Many

Do I like it? Yes. Any Red flags? No. A good condition KS98, with correct frog.
    A pedantic person might say "you've got the wrong troddel on there". And technically that is correct, as that is the NCO one normally seen on the short blade (20cm) bayonet. However, there really was no regulation that prevented an NCO from buying the long blade (which this is) if he wanted to. I believe the regulations simply said NCO's could wear the appropriate sword or bayonet. And that's all. In fact some photos exist of officers wearing a dress bayonet.

Looks in fine fettle, nice addition.

Than you for the answers and the information.

Generally in agreement - as regards the long versus short I've never seen any period proof that NCO's were supposed to have the short blades in spite of numerous requests for same. As for the matter of who could wear what I think that could be time sensitive in the periods from WW I, the Weimar era to the TR era. With mounted EM authorized swords instead of bayonets for all three eras. That said, there was distinction for the senior grade NCO's who were not only authorized the officer's knots, they were also the ones permitted to wear the officer's model swords. The TR era regulations fairly specific as to the type of off duty uniform to be worn which evolved to some extent as time progressed. Best Regards, Fred