Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Latest K98 Bayo

Article about: Greetings! Please, find attached photos of my latest K98 bayonet purchase. It is matching numbers. Dated 1938. Maker: JOS. CORTS Serial #: 5534 i Bluing on the blade is in great condition. W

Default My Latest K98 Bayo

Greetings! Please, find attached photos of my latest K98 bayonet purchase. It is matching numbers. Dated 1938. Maker: JOS. CORTS Serial #: 5534 i Bluing on the blade is in great condition. Wood grips. The only number not matching is on the lug catch. It is stamped 8676. If anyone knows why that number is different please let me know. I have not come across that difference on any other bayonet I have. The frog looks to be an early brown frog with strap. Does not appear to be maker or year stamped. Some slight surface rust on the metal parts of the grip and some on the reverse of the scabbard. It is missing the screw at the top of the scabbard. I hope you all like it. I am very pleased with it. If anyone sees any problems with it, please let me know, as I can return it within one week. Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Latest K98 Bayo   My Latest K98 Bayo  

My Latest K98 Bayo   My Latest K98 Bayo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Latest K98 Bayo
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Latest K98 Bayo

One "like" and no comments, that's unusual

Hi Helmetone,, I saw this one yesterday and my significant other told me we had to go out ( sorry for the delay ),,Im surprised somewhat that not too many bayo collectors made a comment ,, but this time of the year,,, getting ready for some to go back to school and coming off vacations.
    The bayo looks like a beauty to me,, but since this is not my strength,,I am not sure to see,, what looks like aluminum studs on the frog and the fastner on the grip retainer. Everything else is marked equally and looks period. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the reply, Larry. Looking forward to seeing what others think of this bayo.

I like how they match! Nice!

?

that is a beauty.
    my one and only k98 has nice blueing on the blade as well but is not matching unfortunately

Hooray for replies! lol. Thanks for taking notice of this thread.

It looks to me like an overall very decent condition bayonet that appears to still have a lot of its original rust bluing. With my sense of the different numbers simply being internal factory assembly numbers versus an external serial number. With the only (minor) flaw being that it looks like one of the grip spanner nuts is reversed (no slot showing). Something that is usually easily corrected - with the strong admonition that it has to be done carefully as I’ve seen too many damaged grips/parts by those who did not know what they are doing, or did not have proper tools. FP

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    It looks to me like an overall very decent condition bayonet that appears to still have a lot of its original rust bluing. With my sense of the different numbers simply being internal factory assembly numbers versus an external serial number. With the only (minor) flaw being that it looks like one of the grip spanner nuts is reversed (no slot showing). Something that is usually easily corrected - with the strong admonition that it has to be done carefully as I’ve seen too many damaged grips/parts by those who did not know what they are doing, or did not have proper tools. FP
    I'm just going to leave it as it is. It doesn't bother me the way it is, so that's the way it will stay. Thank you for your observations. I wanted to make sure it all looked good before my seven days was up. Thanks again!