Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new DLV Fliegermesser

Article about: Hi all, Once in awhile you see something that screams buy me, and this was screaming at me, kind of like my wife but in a good way haha, it has beautiful patina and age, this is exactly how

Default My new DLV Fliegermesser

Hi all,
    Once in awhile you see something that screams buy me, and this was screaming at me, kind of like my wife but in a good way haha, it has beautiful patina and age, this is exactly how one of these should look IMO, its a rarely seen salty 1934 DLV flyers knife, some people mistakenly call them daggers but the daggers were actually longer and for officers, its hard to find one in minty condition because of all the hard usage they went through (basically like the HJ knife for young aviators of the time) and the minty ones are very pricey, this one is far from mint, but the price was great, It was a texas vet bringback, its very heavy nickel silver, it does have some issues, the blade was sharpened and has some pitting, the blue leather scabbard is splitting, but on the plus side the handle is almost perfect, its a Weyersburg maker, only a few makers are found for these, and the icing on the cake is a cool personalization/initials of W.M on the hanger. Researching it was alot of fun (and being a somewhat new collector) it was very interesting learning about the DLV, what more can I say? just look at the photos! lol
    P.S- shout out to paul at lakeside for hooking me up!!!
    My new DLV FliegermesserMy new DLV FliegermesserMy new DLV FliegermesserMy new DLV FliegermesserMy new DLV FliegermesserMy new DLV FliegermesserMy new DLV FliegermesserMy new DLV FliegermesserMy new DLV FliegermesserMy new DLV FliegermesserMy new DLV FliegermesserMy new DLV Fliegermesser

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new DLV Fliegermesser
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My new DLV Fliegermesser

Good original knife
    as you stated its a salty one, but it has all the things you want on a DLV.
    Its has nickel/silver fittings.
    The proper throat marking, the cast K in the crossguard, it has the original hanger....
    So would you search for a pricey, well payable, salty one...this would be it!

Congratz on a great piece of History!
    Cheers Ger

Now I have to figure how to display it, too bad I cant find out what name is W.M but its nice to know im only the 3rd owner. As we all know there is no such thing as a used relic, just a new owner, well thats what they say about porsches but it works here also lol.

Hi Max and congrats on a fine pick up and you know you got a great example from a renown dealer. Now the difficult journey begins getting your prize displayed,,, but most of all take care of the #1 prize first...( your wife ),,after that the display will come together with less stress. I hear the same loud volumes from my own Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

On a quick side note.....does anyone know where I could get some scabbard screws for a 1st model luft dagger? Didnt get it yet but just in case I do I would want to fix it, easily I hope.

Congratulations!
    You are the new, (third), owner of an original DLV Fliegermesser. A little salty, but original. Although the name says knife, this IS actually a dagger. This is due to the fact that it has a double edged blade.
    Possibly look on Tom Whitman's site for the screws that you are searching for.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks ralph, I will have to call around for some screws, I guess they term this a knife so its not confused with the longer version, I wasnt even in the market for one but the low price, which reflects the saltiness, caught my eye and the rarity, you dont see many of these around, amd it just oozes character, its a heavy quality piece and it looks great on my wall.
    Happy Hunting.

Give Tom Wittmann a try first as he is close by ,, Im sure he has some,, if not Paul Hogle will be sure to hook you up. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill