Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

My new Elite Diamant Matching Bayonet

Article about: oooohhhh I like that alot Mike. I love the wooden grips way more than the bakelites on mine. That is a beauty. Nice original-to-piece matching frog as well. I highly appreciate you sharing M

?

Default Re: My new Elite Diamant Matching Bayonet

Nice pictures! Those bikes bring a pretty penny!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet
    P
    Many

Quote by pammy View Post
    Nice pictures! Those bikes bring a pretty penny!!
    yes your right, and belive me they life for ever, so realy good made things

by the way to the og post nice matching bajo

?

Hey thanks for sharing your bayo pammy! looks like its in great shape huh? i like those grips (color) more than mine for sure.

Klinger thanks so much for postin those bike pics! i especially like the DJ one. I enjoyed those thoroughly. Again, thanks to both of you for making this thread more interesting

?

pammy, old people are sometimes strange like that.....i run my own landscaping company and have the pleasure of dealing with them on a daily basis. One day she will let you up there....just be patient! If she has a nazi flag, just think of what else she might have up there! owell, they will just be more preserved for a later date. right?

Hi
    I was a ombudsman for nursing homes supervisior for about 8 years. The rules of course may have changed, and the state you live in may have fdifferent rules.
    BUT- the patient is never in my experience order that, but, the family and the patient if compentant may totally disregard that Dr's order.

Patients are not inmates! They are people who happen to live in an insitution.

If that Patient wants to see you, I would be surprised if your state does not support that right. I would suggest you write a letter to the patient, with a self addressed reply, asking if you can visit. Failing that, ask the local ombudsman, usually you can find him/her in the yellow pages under area agency on aging.

I often fought to have patients do what they wanted to do, even if it was medically less than optimum for then, as long as they were competant to make that decision, and to loss competancy is not an easy thing!

I wonder if the nuring home found the bayonet and simply took it away from the patient, and is simply trying to keep him from remembering his lose?

I would as a former ombudsman be suspicious of any home that blocked access to a patient. In fact, I am suspicious of this case. I would have loved to have gotten this as a ohone call, as it would have been a fun win fo rhte patient, and I truely believe I would have won easily. It was always fun to see a staff person sputter that the old person is making a dumb decision, while the staff person sat smoking, eating pie and being over weight. The old person has the same right to do dumb things as the nurse, only the nurses/staff often didn't want that!
    Jagdhorn

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Hey thanks for sharing your bayo pammy! looks like its in great shape huh? i like those grips (color) more than mine for sure.

Klinger thanks so much for postin those bike pics! i especially like the DJ one. I enjoyed those thoroughly. Again, thanks to both of you for making this thread more interesting
    your welcome
    more diamant in use
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet   My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet  

My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet  

?

jagdorn.....i respect your veiw and your fight for elderly people's rights and freedom to live a normal life. We need more people like yourself who actually get involved and let these people live a normal life. I personally disagree with alot of modern day authority as it is often abused and self centered. I thought it was kind of odd that the nurse herself had me call her cell phone when i got to the home and would not let me go near the mans room. She said he was in poor health and was not to be disturbed by people other than family members. I do not like to think that she would do something as to steal it from the old man....but you never know these days. the only reason I thought it was legitamate was that she said the old man told her to tell the buyer he had acquired it in france during his service in ww2. I know that this could also be easily plotted out by the nurse herself, but again....I would hate to think that. I am going to take Ade's advice and write to the vet as I know his name from the name written on the Bayo and I know the Nursing home as well. Hopefully I can get a response and if it indeed was stolen from him......hopefully I can get a chance to personally return it to him. Another suspicion of mine now that u say this, is that if he was tthaaattt much in poor health, dont you think he would be in a hospital or hospice living or something? I could be very wrong...and again....I hope i am. I know horrible things can happen in these nursing homes as my great grandmother was in one w/altsiemers and when we would visit, sometimes she would have bruises on her and the staff would just say it was from her falling off the bed or going to the bathroom. I remember being young and my mother being suspicious and upset. Anyway, I will write to the vet and let you guys know the outcome. I would love to get some1 in trouble if they stole from the elderly.....that is the lowest of the low in my books. how could some1 actually steal from an old man who fought for them to live freely? pathetic if you ask me, but this IS 2010 and nothing suprises me anymore.

?

Ahhhh i didnt know that diamant made dirtbikes/motorcycles!! I thought it was only bicycles! Nice nskk and Polzei pics. i love those tsakos caps. lol

?

here is the modern 10-speed style diamant!! haha
    I like the old ones alot better, thanks for posting those early bike shots again! very cool

LETS SEE SOME BAYOS!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet  

?

Very nice examples, Panzer and Pammy! I half wish I hadn't read this post though as I pulled out my example I purchased when I first started to collect so I could take pictures to share. Unfortunately this caused me to find out that while the serial numbers match on the scabbard and blade, they are from two different makers! I wish I knew then what I know now. At least now I know what to look for when making future purchases.

With regards to the nurse who allegedly acted as the go between in this deal, I too would be highly suspicious. Too many stories out there, as you know first hand, of misdoings in these places. I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. You may want to consider escalating this to a manager at the home rather then writing a letter to the gentlmen the bayo belonged to. It's likely he is not of sound mind and the letter may go unread. Good luck....

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast