Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

My new Elite Diamant Matching Bayonet

Article about: oooohhhh I like that alot Mike. I love the wooden grips way more than the bakelites on mine. That is a beauty. Nice original-to-piece matching frog as well. I highly appreciate you sharing M

Default Re: My new Elite Diamant Matching Bayonet

It is always possible that everything is on the up and up. However, guess who reads the patients mail for them if they are very sickly? Hopefully a family member, if not, a staff person. Thus, it is likely that the message may never get to the old Vet.
    The odd thing is the bayonet in a nursing home- given that things there are not very secure, and that other patients can and do become agressive, I would think few homes would be happy with a bayonet in a patients possession. I think most states mandate the patient must have at least one lockable drawer. Maybe it was in that one. I don't know. Perhaps the staff worked on the man to "suggest" he sell or give it away so he won't have any chance of hurting others or himself.

Dumb and too late question- did you get a written reciept? I ask that becasue if not, it puts you in a position of having someone else's possessions, and the nurse could somewhat easily say "Sell what to Who???"

I was involved with cases of staff lowering TVs out patients windows with ropes to their boyfriend's cars, and none had receipts when questioned. But all said the pateint had given them the set. (giving gifts is usually forbidden anyway)

I urge you to talk to the state or local ombudsman program director. They will know the homes, the staff and the laws, and they are required to have access whenever they wish and to whom ever they wish to talk with, plus they are charged with being neutral and impartial, fair (not always easy!)
    Remember- if it happened once, it will ahppen again to some other poor person
    Jagdhorn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet
    P
    Many

yeah I know I can't post pic's, but of my 6 k98 bayonets 3 are matching #'s, i guess the dress bayonet would count if mine had #'s & a date, but I got beat out on a Diamant, think it was as 39 & matching #'s of course it was on fleabay, they are nice bayonets, I only buy bakelite handle ones, dont really care much for the wooden handles. if you only paid 100.00 for it, you got a bargain, they are hard to find. nice pic's of both bayonets, never knew they made cycles, thanks for the info. oh yeah, you probably have a mark or 2 under the handles, I take mine off & clean out all the crap that usually builds up under them, found some interesting marks on a couple of my bayonets.

?

haha thats alright. Hey it's pretty rare to have a bayonet with matching scabbard that is not the same maker too!! I still would love for you to share it.

?

Quote by jagdhorn View Post
    It is always possible that everything is on the up and up. However, guess who reads the patients mail for them if they are very sickly? Hopefully a family member, if not, a staff person. Thus, it is likely that the message may never get to the old Vet.
    The odd thing is the bayonet in a nursing home- given that things there are not very secure, and that other patients can and do become agressive, I would think few homes would be happy with a bayonet in a patients possession. I think most states mandate the patient must have at least one lockable drawer. Maybe it was in that one. I don't know. Perhaps the staff worked on the man to "suggest" he sell or give it away so he won't have any chance of hurting others or himself.
    Dumb and too late question- did you get a written reciept? I ask that becasue if not, it puts you in a position of having someone else's possessions, and the nurse could somewhat easily say "Sell what to Who???"

I was involved with cases of staff lowering TVs out patients windows with ropes to their boyfriend's cars, and none had receipts when questioned. But all said the pateint had given them the set. (giving gifts is usually forbidden anyway)

I urge you to talk to the state or local ombudsman program director. They will know the homes, the staff and the laws, and they are required to have access whenever they wish and to whom ever they wish to talk with, plus they are charged with being neutral and impartial, fair (not always easy!)
    Remember- if it happened once, it will ahppen again to some other poor person
    Jagdhorn

I may not have a receipt but i did keep the classified ad in which I replied that has the phone number I contacted on it. She had me call a differnt Number when I got to the parking lot though...which she said was "her cell phone". Believe me, I was suprised too when i punched in the address in my Garmin. But you never know. I would find it very odd that they would let him actually have possesion of the bayonet while being a patient. But is it possible they had it locked up in a back room in a possessions locker or something for safe keeping? I do not live too far from the place, so I am going to go down there on Monday to talk to the manager. It is very possible that she sold it legitimately also though. I hope that is the case, not only because I LOVE the bayonet.....but I couldnt live with myself knowing that it was stolen from an old man, especially a ww2 vet. This gives me something to investigate, but like you said....hopefully everyone in the office there isnt "IN ON IT". Maybe i will look around on the walls or doors for a phone number to the director or such. Most people wouldnt give the time of day and be happy with what THEY got out of it...instead of trying to return stolen property, but again, I am just not one to let that happen to the elderly. I guess I will refrain from writing a letter to the vet for now. (sux cuz i already wrote it). On Monday I will go there and snoop about and see what phone numbers I can get. Thank you guys for entertaining my suspicions on this one. And i will do my best to get to the bottom of it. I will post what i have found when I get back on Monday after I have phoned some1 with authority in this matter. If you can see in the pics....it has what appears to be the patients name on the scabbard put on w/ a piece of tape probably by the home. Anyway....This was part of the reason of why I was kinda upset for not being able to personally speak with the Vet himself. The thing that makes me feel a little better though, is that she sold it to me right in front of the main desk/office place with others around to see it. So either they just dont care and are in on it, or it was a legitimate sale. Soon we shall find out

?

crazy horse..... do you need that special bayonet grip tool to take the grips off?? i also clean my bayos somewhat. I use a sewing pin w/ a blunted tip. I pick the dirt out of the grooves. I dont really want to go messing with taking the grips off, but I have already found many many waffenamp stamps in places I have never seen before. does anyone know if there is some type of lubricant you can use for inside the scabbard or on the blade so the blade doesnt get any extra "in out" scratches?? The two prongs that hold the blade in place that are inside of the scabbard are pretty tight and I would hate to damage the blade. I try not to pull it in and out anyway on any of my bayos, but sometimes I cant resist! haha

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    jagdorn.....i respect your veiw and your fight for elderly people's rights and freedom to live a normal life. We need more people like yourself who actually get involved and let these people live a normal life. I personally disagree with alot of modern day authority as it is often abused and self centered. I thought it was kind of odd that the nurse herself had me call her cell phone when i got to the home and would not let me go near the mans room. She said he was in poor health and was not to be disturbed by people other than family members. I do not like to think that she would do something as to steal it from the old man....but you never know these days. the only reason I thought it was legitamate was that she said the old man told her to tell the buyer he had acquired it in france during his service in ww2. I know that this could also be easily plotted out by the nurse herself, but again....I would hate to think that. I am going to take Ade's advice and write to the vet as I know his name from the name written on the Bayo and I know the Nursing home as well. Hopefully I can get a response and if it indeed was stolen from him......hopefully I can get a chance to personally return it to him. Another suspicion of mine now that u say this, is that if he was tthaaattt much in poor health, dont you think he would be in a hospital or hospice living or something? I could be very wrong...and again....I hope i am. I know horrible things can happen in these nursing homes as my great grandmother was in one w/altsiemers and when we would visit, sometimes she would have bruises on her and the staff would just say it was from her falling off the bed or going to the bathroom. I remember being young and my mother being suspicious and upset. Anyway, I will write to the vet and let you guys know the outcome. I would love to get some1 in trouble if they stole from the elderly.....that is the lowest of the low in my books. how could some1 actually steal from an old man who fought for them to live freely? pathetic if you ask me, but this IS 2010 and nothing suprises me anymore.
    happens all the time sadly my grandmother was also in a home with dimensia and altzheimers and the ammount fo her favorite jewellry that dissappered with no proof to accuse of was incredible , it was one of her few joys putting her rings on and they ruined it eventually my grandfather had top recover what was left and keep them for his visits or theyd all be long long gone

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    happens all the time sadly my grandmother was also in a home with dimensia and altzheimers and the ammount fo her favorite jewellry that dissappered with no proof to accuse of was incredible , it was one of her few joys putting her rings on and they ruined it eventually my grandfather had top recover what was left and keep them for his visits or theyd all be long long gone
    man , that is just wrong, This world is going to hell in a bucket more everyday, I just can't get over the thugs that are around anymore, but if they ever kick my door in, they will taste hot lead.

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    man , that is just wrong, This world is going to hell in a bucket more everyday, I just can't get over the thugs that are around anymore, but if they ever kick my door in, they will taste hot lead.
    amen to that brother

?

It really is going to hell more and more evryday. when nothing you hear anymore suprises anyone....thats when u know there is a problem. To prevent a thug type invasion at my home I have my best bud...my Pitbull who watches over my expensive landscaping equipment in the yard and i also have my crossbow loaded under the bed for protection. u might think im a slight paranoid but a little over a month ago I had two grown men ( and yes they were dressed like "gangsta G-dogs"ha) in my yard trying to steal my commercial mowers/trailer. my dog started barking but was inside at the time, so i took a look outside and caught them trying to saw the lock off my trailer. I startled them and they grabbed my $300 weedwhacker and started runnin away like they were going for a winning touchdown. My dog and I chased em down my driveway but they had gotten into a truck and sped away. The next A.M. i found my gas cans were empty as well. But i'm ready for em now.... good ol razor blades on the gas cap trick on 2 dummy cans filled with little gas/and alot water should teach em a lesson if they try again. I usually NEVER leave any of my equipment unlocked, but it was a rough day that day and I was in that "lazy" mood. haha that'll teach me huh?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    crazy horse..... do you need that special bayonet grip tool to take the grips off?? i also clean my bayos somewhat. I use a sewing pin w/ a blunted tip. I pick the dirt out of the grooves. I dont really want to go messing with taking the grips off, but I have already found many many waffenamp stamps in places I have never seen before. does anyone know if there is some type of lubricant you can use for inside the scabbard or on the blade so the blade doesnt get any extra "in out" scratches?? The two prongs that hold the blade in place that are inside of the scabbard are pretty tight and I would hate to damage the blade. I try not to pull it in and out anyway on any of my bayos, but sometimes I cant resist! haha
    no, I just find the thinest knife blade or whatever & try to get in the top, or bottom of the grips, but I never put any pressure at alll, maybe wiggle it a little, but I would rather they didnt come off than chip the bakelite, though I know sometimes you can find the handles, or even the screws & nuts for the handles, oh yeah I spray that creeping lube spray on the nuts & screws, I dont want to strip the screws either. good luck if you take the worst one, or an unmatching #'s bayo & practice with it first. good luck, please dont chipit. oh yeah I hate those things in the scabbard, but I leave them alone.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast