Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

My new Elite Diamant Matching Bayonet

Article about: oooohhhh I like that alot Mike. I love the wooden grips way more than the bakelites on mine. That is a beauty. Nice original-to-piece matching frog as well. I highly appreciate you sharing M

Default Re: My new Elite Diamant Matching Bayonet

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    It really is going to hell more and more evryday. when nothing you hear anymore suprises anyone....thats when u know there is a problem. To prevent a thug type invasion at my home I have my best bud...my Pitbull who watches over my expensive landscaping equipment in the yard and i also have my crossbow loaded under the bed for protection. u might think im a slight paranoid but a little over a month ago I had two grown men ( and yes they were dressed like "gangsta G-dogs"ha) in my yard trying to steal my commercial mowers/trailer. my dog started barking but was inside at the time, so i took a look outside and caught them trying to saw the lock off my trailer. I startled them and they grabbed my $300 weedwhacker and started runnin away like they were going for a winning touchdown. My dog and I chased em down my driveway but they had gotten into a truck and sped away. The next A.M. i found my gas cans were empty as well. But i'm ready for em now.... good ol razor blades on the gas cap trick on 2 dummy cans filled with little gas/and alot water should teach em a lesson if they try again. I usually NEVER leave any of my equipment unlocked, but it was a rough day that day and I was in that "lazy" mood. haha that'll teach me huh?
    I hate that, I would have put a few m-1 carbine rounds , or ak-47 rounds into their truck, at least give them something to remember me by. LOL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet
    P
    Many

?

haha i woulda if i was prepared. But i was barefoot and in my skivvies and figured the dog was just barkin at a deer or sumthin stupid as usual.

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    haha i woulda if i was prepared. But i was barefoot and in my skivvies and figured the dog was just barkin at a deer or sumthin stupid as usual.
    yeah that *****, wish I had my Rottie back when she barked I knew it was important. but back to your blade, man they are really nice bayonets, out of German bayonets, they are in my top 3 & I don't even have one.

regards Marty

?

Well just got back from the nursing home too. There were some phone numbers on the wall...but nothing that noted or stated any authority figure of the home. After only 2 minutes of lookin around I was immediately approached by some1 i hadnt seen the last time. He was the "floor manager" whatever that is. I told him that I purchased a bayonet from a patient through a middleman who was a nurse here. He seemed very interested and wanted to make sure there wasnt any foul play involved. He knew the nurse that I told him about too. He said he couldnt really do much because he didnt know the patient who allegedly sold me the bayonet. I told him I had a name that was taped onto it. I said his name is George F. Murnro. he said we dont have a George Murnro, but we have a "Frank" Murnro. I said well thats him! He walked me to "Frank's" room and told me to wait outside the door. Out came a very old gentleman with a walker. He was able to confirm that he had sold this bayonet because it was the only thing he didnt want to keep. He said he had kept everything that had to do with his United States Service in ww2 and korea and gave it to his daughter, But wanted to sell the bayonet because she did not want any weapons. HAHAHA.!! I asked him a few questions about his service and he answered me with very breif responses. He didnt talk very much, but I could tell he was happy it went to me. He was able to confirm that he picked it up in france, but couldnt tell me how he got it. i told him I would cherish it and told him Im not a dealer or some1 is going to "pawn" or just sell it away. He told me to enjoy it after i thanked him for his service. So that was that. The old man was nice...and I respect him greatly, but he didnt seem to interested in talking about his wartime experiences. he didnt seem in the best of health as he had a Oxygen tank strapped to the walker with a bag. But all in all, I am glad I did the right thing and checked up on the legitamacy of the sale. HAPPY ENDING!

?

Thanks marty,
    im just glad it was not stolen. They are my favorites as well. I love the luftwaffe daggers too tho....so im saving up for one.

man, I'm glad you got to talk to him, now you know he appreciates where it went & everything is legal, I guess I can understand him not wanting to talk about his time in ww2, but I am glad that your all legal & have a great bayonet, plus got to meet the vet that brought it home. good deal for you, would you take 150.00 buck's for it?, just kidding. good deal man take care.

regards Marty

I am pleased that you got to speak with him.

Cheers, Ade.

I also think that you can be proud of your upbringing and your moral/ethical sense. It is always hard to perhaps loss something one really enjoys becasue it might be the right thing to do.
    Still, I would be in no big hurry to rec'd this facility to strangers, something seems a bit off, but then, I grow grumpier early year!
    Jagdhorn

you did the right thing

one more thing for you, not only the old man has a storry aboud the bajo now you got one too what made it more valuabel for you i think, so you always can remember how you got this bajo and can smile while thinking that you got him from the right deal

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast