Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

My new Elite Diamant Matching Bayonet

Article about: oooohhhh I like that alot Mike. I love the wooden grips way more than the bakelites on mine. That is a beauty. Nice original-to-piece matching frog as well. I highly appreciate you sharing M

?

Default Re: My new Elite Diamant Matching Bayonet

hi,no the bottom one is a old picture and not matching..thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Great thread guys, and gal !

And a very nice Diamant bayonet.................!

I know that some Vets do not want to talk of there experiences that much,
    my own godfather was like that - but it was great that you got to meet with him !

I've read that some guys felt guilty because they actually enjoyed what they did,
    and are now embarassed about it. You should not press them for info
    if they really do not want to say anything.

I simply shake their hand and thank them for their service........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Fully Agree Wolf(steve)....the last thing i wanted to do was to press an issue he did not feel comfortable to discuss. I was happy enough just to meet him and even better, I found that he was not ripped off by some1 who worked there!

?

Well, My Matching # 5683 "f" 43FZE (fw holler) Combat bayo just got here today after almost 2 weeks in the mail!! This is rarer than my Elite Diamant Bayo as there were less of these put into production. This blade is the nicest one I have seen....it is full crossgrained, no in-out marks, not sharpened, and blade tip is perfect. Also came with the frog.]
    ki;/p However this is a different style blade since it is a later war bayo. Most of the early war bayos will have "blued" style blades, these mostly have that nice crossgrained type blade without that shiny "blueing".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3405.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	244.7 KB 
ID:	140059   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3394.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	246.4 KB 
ID:	140057  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3406.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	240.5 KB 
ID:	140060   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3391.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	255.7 KB 
ID:	140061  

Name:	100_3416.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	234.1 KB 
ID:	140076  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

?

Love it!! The grips are great~! And everything else of corse great find...it was worth the wait!

?

thanks pammy, it has some surface wear on the furnishings, but the blade makes up for it. the frog is crap...its so stiff. But like u said...gotta love that color of grips

?

Hi,i sent you a pm did you get it?something is wrong it seems like some one is into my e-mails?? Crazy like wierd !!

?

ya, i sent u back a PM and sent u a message on both ur emails. Hope you got it! Like Marty was sayin tho, its probly just that crap thats goin on with Outlook thats been all over the news n stuff. Its called the Luvbug virus i guess. Its messed up half of the U.S.'s email communication

?

hi,thanks i sent you the tracking number and iam realy not sure whats going on as i have to call as i have paid for virus protection and the computor is covered for anything that messes.so i just have to wait for they are comming this week.ok,thanks for everything and thank crazyhorse for me he is a wonderful man!

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    I just got this Elite Diamant k98 bayonet with matching # scabbard and frog. Never sharpened and 95% blueing left on blade.No rust, no cracks in bakelites, Only minor "in-out marks". It is a 1939 piece and I have found 6 waffenampt marks(218) on it so far! I never knew they marked them so much! 2 on the pommel, 1 behind crossgaurd, 1 on release button, 1 INSIDE the realease mechanism (with #'s), and 1 on the scabbard fenial (ball). I acquired it in an odd way too.

I answered an AD from a classified. I called and talked to a woman who told me to come pick it up at a nursing home. I got there and she handed me the bayonet to check out. I asked how she came about it. She said it was an old US soldier from ww2 who is a patient and is not doing so well. I noticed a name written on a piece of tape on the scabbard and asked if this was him. YES. I asked to speak to him...and she said NO, only family members because he is not in the greatest of health. I was upset. He told the nurse to tell the buyer (me) that he acquired the bayonet in France while in the service and had kept it ever since. So i gave her the $100 asked for it. but i walked away really mad because I'm sure the old man had so many stories or even some information about how he got the bayonet. information of where or how pieces were acquired means more to me than the overall value of the item. I enjoy the history and meanings of my collection. Hopefully since i couldnt talk to him, I can do some research with the name that is written on the tape. I got it because I do not have a matching bayonet set in my collection. THANKS FOR LOOKING!!
    i have a 1938 dated matching number elite diamant bayonet and scabbard.the frog has b38 or d38 on it too. i have a post in edged weapons about it which i mistakenly headed 1937 instead of 1938! doh!!! cheers, mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 008.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	264.7 KB 
ID:	141899   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25.2.10 (4).jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	253.3 KB 
ID:	141900  

Name:	DSCF4078.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	246.5 KB 
ID:	141897   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4064.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	248.4 KB 
ID:	141898  

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast