Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My new Elite Diamant Matching Bayonet

Article about: oooohhhh I like that alot Mike. I love the wooden grips way more than the bakelites on mine. That is a beauty. Nice original-to-piece matching frog as well. I highly appreciate you sharing M

?

Default My new Elite Diamant Matching Bayonet

I just got this Elite Diamant k98 bayonet with matching # scabbard and frog. Never sharpened and 95% blueing left on blade.No rust, no cracks in bakelites, Only minor "in-out marks". It is a 1939 piece and I have found 6 waffenampt marks(218) on it so far! I never knew they marked them so much! 2 on the pommel, 1 behind crossgaurd, 1 on release button, 1 INSIDE the realease mechanism (with #'s), and 1 on the scabbard fenial (ball). I acquired it in an odd way too.

I answered an AD from a classified. I called and talked to a woman who told me to come pick it up at a nursing home. I got there and she handed me the bayonet to check out. I asked how she came about it. She said it was an old US soldier from ww2 who is a patient and is not doing so well. I noticed a name written on a piece of tape on the scabbard and asked if this was him. YES. I asked to speak to him...and she said NO, only family members because he is not in the greatest of health. I was upset. He told the nurse to tell the buyer (me) that he acquired the bayonet in France while in the service and had kept it ever since. So i gave her the $100 asked for it. but i walked away really mad because I'm sure the old man had so many stories or even some information about how he got the bayonet. information of where or how pieces were acquired means more to me than the overall value of the item. I enjoy the history and meanings of my collection. Hopefully since i couldnt talk to him, I can do some research with the name that is written on the tape. I got it because I do not have a matching bayonet set in my collection. THANKS FOR LOOKING!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet   My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet  

My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet   My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet  

My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet
    P
    Many

Default Re: My new Elite Diamant Matching Bayonet

It is a very nice bayonet.

I realise it must be frustrating not to be able to talk to the Veteran about it, but if he is not in good health it is only fair that the wishes of the home are respected.

Cheers, Ade.

?

i know its not as much of a historically significant piece as an SA dagger, but I enjoy collecting bayonets and fixed blades both US and German. I have yet to add a matching #'ed bayonet to my collection, so I really like this one. Its tough because pictures don't do edged weapons any Justice.....you kinda need to see them in real life. If anyone else would like to share there k98's or any other bayonets I would LOVE to see em!!

?

absolutely ADE! Obviously i was very understanding to the nurse about this, but you can't help but feel a little frustrated inside! lol It's also very sad that soon enough there wont be any ww2 vets left to hear there amazing life stories and experiences. I told the nurse to tell the man that I would take very good care of it and to thank him for his service.

Maybe you could send a thank you card to the Veteran. Thank him for his service to his country and tell him how you will look after his war trophy. It might just open doors. Worth a try.

Cheers, Ade.

?

thats a good idea too Ade. I really would hate to be intruding especially if he is not in the best health conditions. But maybe it would make his day if I sent a thank you card and a picture of his bayonet w/ my collection. I think I might just do that, beause who knows if the nurse actually gave him my thanks. Great idea!

?

Good idea Ade. I understand the fusteration. I would have just liked to shake his hand. Very nice Bayonette indeed. I have a few my Grandfather brought back that I have never posted if you want me to post them here or start another thread? One of these days Im going to post everything I have of his. I miss him.

Nice bayonet. It seems like every bayonet I touch has an unmatching scabbard.

?

thanks guys...haha like i said before....I NEVER have gotten or even held a matching bayonet to be honest with you. I lucked out on this one. And yes i would love to see your bayonet/s LEE! that is one of the reasons i started this thread...so people can share there bayos. Im sorry about your grandfather as well....but by posting his things is kind of like "honoring" him in a way. so i would love for you to share

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    i know its not as much of a historically significant piece as an SA dagger, but I enjoy collecting bayonets and fixed blades both US and German. I have yet to add a matching #'ed bayonet to my collection, so I really like this one. Its tough because pictures don't do edged weapons any Justice.....you kinda need to see them in real life. If anyone else would like to share there k98's or any other bayonets I would LOVE to see em!!
    If you want to see a few more, have a look here

k98 bayonets data and registry

Richie

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast