Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need German K98 Info

Article about: Hey guys, I bought this K98k Bayonet at an Antique show. I’m pretty sure I know a good chunk of what it is already, but I wanted to ask your guys opinion. It has W.K.C on in, which I assume

Default Need German K98 Info

Hey guys,
    I bought this K98k Bayonet at an Antique show. I’m pretty sure I know a good chunk of what it is already, but I wanted to ask your guys opinion. It has W.K.C on in, which I assume means Weyersberg, Kirchbaum & Co. It also has I couple of Stamps that J think are German Eagles, but I cant make it out to well. It also sadly isn’t matching the scabbard. I wanted to ask if you guys could tell me when it was made by using the Serial number. If you can’t, that’s fine.
    Any info would be awesome!
    Need German K98 InfoNeed German K98 InfoNeed German K98 InfoNeed German K98 InfoNeed German K98 InfoNeed German K98 Info
    Need German K98 Info

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need German K98 Info
    P
    Many

?

It looks like 38 stamped on the spine,so thats the year it was made......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Any other info about it from any of you guys?? Also, this is a Weyersberg correct??

Yes, WKC is Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Cie. As commented it is 1938 manufactured, it is a military contract bayonet. The WaffenAmt mark is of the earlier Imperial style eagle (253) that was actually revised later in 1938. The grip plates as seen the first two photos appear reddy brown. In 1938 we would expect the black/brown bakelite grips so I'm wondering if they were replaced with the red/brown type introduced from 1943.
    As you note the scabbard is not a match, but who is the maker? Check reverse side of scabbard and date, it will be pre- 1940 made.
    It's overall a good/average "non matching" example, there are certainly a lot worse condition ones out there.

So where would I find the date and the maker? Just on the other side of it?

Also, how can I see the reverse side of the bayonet if there is the frog in the way? How do you take it out of it?

It looks like it has a 2238 G or C238G. I think it’s 2238 G. That help??

You have to check first the flexibility of the leather. If hard or fragile don't attempt to remove from the frog. If supple, pull the scabbard down a little and then push the top end of the scabbard lug under the opening in the frog and the rest should follow. The maker name and date should be on the back. If you can't remove, try using a torch light to see down the back of the frog. There should be a maker name or letter or number code.

?

As mentioned the proofs are certainly WaA253 as normal in WKC38, i believe the piece was reblued in time, and the grips are mostly replaced as one of it looks redish in color. When removing You should see assembly numbers on origin grips. b.r.Andy

It looks like it has a 2238 G or C238G. I think it’s 2238 G

- - ------- - -

The frog is pretty hard, but I used a phone to see back there. It defiantly 2238 G. That mean anything to you guys??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast