Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New guy here. I think its an SS Bayonet but you will know better!

Article about: by Dean You are very welcome, although I don't know if I really helped too much on this one. Stuka helped by stating the SS never manufactured bayonets, so this is helpful for me to know as

Default New guy here. I think its an SS Bayonet but you will know better!

Hey guys so here it is. FAKE or REAL? Either way. its cool it looks awesome to me. THanks!New guy here. I think its an SS Bayonet but you will know better!New guy here. I think its an SS Bayonet but you will know better!New guy here. I think its an SS Bayonet but you will know better!New guy here. I think its an SS Bayonet but you will know better!New guy here. I think its an SS Bayonet but you will know better!New guy here. I think its an SS Bayonet but you will know better!New guy here. I think its an SS Bayonet but you will know better!New guy here. I think its an SS Bayonet but you will know better!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New guy here. I think its an SS Bayonet but you will know better!
    P
    Many

The bayonet is German made for Portugal. The scabbard is for a German issue bayonet. Made by F W Holler [fze] in 1944. The SS marking is probably fake.

Hello,
    I like your example but there is no thing as a official ϟϟ bajo.
    But the bajonet guy's will explain you all there is to know.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

I see a waffen- amt on the pommel. The scabbard numbers don't appear to match the bayonet, though. Is there a any stamps on the ball or tip of the scabbard? As for the sig runes, I can't say much except they are hand carved. If originally carved by the soldier, it's most likely an a Wehrmacht bayonet used by an SS guy, and thats IF its an o
    original carving. The SS usually had their own equiptment made separately from the Heer. These items have SS stamps. I can't remember seeing SS stamped bayonets but I have seen rifles and other guns as well as binoculars, mess-kits, belts...and so on.

Update-
    This is just my observation but I'm sure you'll get better info from the edged weapons guys

Quote by Richie B View Post
    The bayonet is German made for Portugal. The scabbard is for a German issue bayonet. Made by F W Holler [fze] in 1944. The SS marking is probably fake.
    Thank you for the info

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Hello,
    I like your example but there is no thing as a official ϟϟ bajo.
    But the bajonet guy's will explain you all there is to know.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Thank you

Quote by Dean View Post
    I see a waffen- amt on the pommel. The scabbard numbers don't appear to match the bayonet, though. Is there a any stamps on the ball or tip of the scabbard? As for the sig runes, I can't say much except they are hand carved. If originally carved by the soldier, it's most likely an a Wehrmacht bayonet used by an SS guy. The SS usually had their own equiptment made separately from the Heer. These items have SS stamps.

IM not sure if theres any stamps on the ball of scabbard but ill check in the morning for sure thank you though.

?

You are very welcome, although I don't know if I really helped too much on this one. Stuka helped by stating the SS never manufactured bayonets, so this is helpful for me to know as well. That said, it doesn't necessarily mean the SS never personalized their bayonets, but I would like to think they would add their name , regt. As well as runes. Just an idea. The runes do look nicely done though. They are even and not sloppy, which means the guy who did it had some idle time on his hands maybe during a lull in the battle. And also pride in his membership with the SS. All this is said by me giving the benefit of the doubt they ARE real , which I am NOT saying. Just to be clear. I tend to be a wishful thinker at times, and I have a vivid imagination

I would say that there is some chance that the engraving could have been done by a bored soldier (as Dean stated), however given the context in which this bayonet was found (i.e. in the storage locker with the helmet with fake decals) I would go with this also being an original item that someone has tried to make more desirable. Cheers.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    I would say that there is some chance that the engraving could have been done by a bored soldier (as Dean stated), however given the context in which this bayonet was found (i.e. in the storage locker with the helmet with fake decals) I would go with this also being an original item that someone has tried to make more desirable. Cheers.

Well i think the guy got duped on the helmet becasue there was ALOT of WWII and SS stuff that we took in and it happend to be real so that was pretty cool. So far the helmet is the only thing to be fake. Everything this guy had has been real. Pictures with letters, Collections of stamps, all kinds of awesome first edition books some signed so we will just have to see. I will most likely take this in to get checked if i can actually find a place but thats the problem i cant find a place. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast