Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Purchase - K98 Bayonet

Article about: Hi Friends, I just picked up this bayonet this week. Really did not need it nor was it special in any way but the price was good and I just love rescuing these beauties. The guy I bought it

Default New Purchase - K98 Bayonet

Hi Friends,

I just picked up this bayonet this week. Really did not need it nor was it special in any way but the price was good and I just love rescuing these beauties. The guy I bought it from said it was his grandfather's and his kids did not care about it and would probably throw it away, so I grabbed it.

It is an E. u. F. Horster #6484 m, 1939 bayonet in a WKC #9289 a, 1939 scabbard, wish they matched. I cannot distinguish any real markings on the frog but I do see a faint what I think is 1936. It has black bakelite handles in good shape. They came off easily and were visibly marked. The right one has "53/23" with a "9" in a circle. It also has the proof mark "WaA253". The left grip has "63/23" followed with a "12" in a circle & proof mark. The tang is stamped with a "M" or "N" & a faint proof mark. The pommel has two proof marks "WaA253". The top edge of the tang has a proof mark near locking groove. The scabbard tip has a proof mark.

The blade does not look to be sharpened but does not feel dull but a little sharp.

I am anxious to read your comments and wisdom concerning the bayonet. I think I buy things so I can post pictures and learn more from you all.

Thanks,

William

New Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 BayonetNew Purchase - K98 Bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Purchase - K98 Bayonet
    P
    Many

I like it Will ..although the numbers are not matching..which many may snub their noses at....realistically these bayos have been in the heat of battle and some separated from each other during a battle, advance or retreat.

Then another picked up along the way. I cant say this very bayo you show happened the same way..or a postwar married piece..but the possibility is 50/50
    Overall a great conditioned bayo from a prestigious producer and a nice conditioned frog. Looks the whole ensemble is matching in condition. Nice find

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I like it Will ..although the numbers are not matching..which many may snub their noses at....realistically these bayos have been in the heat of battle and some separated from each other during a battle, advance or retreat.

Then another picked up along the way. I cant say this very bayo you show happened the same way..or a postwar married piece..but the possibility is 50/50
    Overall a great conditioned bayo from a prestigious producer and a nice conditioned frog. Looks the whole ensemble is matching in condition. Nice find

Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry,

I was excited to get it and go over it closely. At this point I cannot get the frog off the scabbard but I could identify the scabbard as a WKC and I found it interesting that it too was a 1939. I have to do a bit more investigating of the frog. Glad you like it and responded. Ihope to hear from more.

I have questioned the moderator as to why this new post did not go into the "New Post" thread.

Thanks Again,

William

?

Nice bayonet. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Quote by rra227 View Post
    Nice bayonet. Rich A. in Pa.
    Thanks Rich!

A very attractive bayonet and frog. Looks like a battle used artifact! Bob

Rich & Bob,

I am right next to you in Ohio. Thanks for your support.

William

?

Hi William,

Nice Piece! Here is an identical one from same maker 1939 I have on my site.

Link Here: K98 Bayonet 1939
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I like it too, although i have never been tempted to remove the grips in fear of damaging anything.

Very nice bayonet and a great find.
    My one and only bayonet is the same manufacturer and year.
    The stamp must have broken during that year as it looks like F.u.F. on the blade.

New Purchase - K98 Bayonet

Jonathan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast