Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice yard sale find

Article about: Hi guys I just picked up two German ww2 dress bayonets both made by W.K.C one is in great shape and still has the red wool in the slot for attaching to a K98 and the other one is nice, but h

iron cross
    ?

Default Nice yard sale find

Hi guys I just picked up two German ww2 dress bayonets both made by W.K.C one is in great shape and still has the red wool in the slot for attaching to a K98 and the other one is nice, but has some chipping to the grip. I also picked up a K98 combat bayonet with frog also made by W.K.C but has unmatching numbers and some one has sharped it. Finnaly but not least I bought a WW1 Austrian deer leg knife that is about the size of a boot knife I am not very shore what it was used for but I liked it. All these items came from one yard sale that was held by a son of a vet that served in ww2 and picked these items up at the end of the war. I bought these four items all together for $50. Hope you guys like and maby could help me with some information about the deer leg knife.

Thanks
    Iron Cross
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice yard sale find   Nice yard sale find  

Nice yard sale find  

2. # ADS

iron cross
    ?

Default Re: Nice yard sale find

here are some more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice yard sale find   Nice yard sale find  

Nice yard sale find   Nice yard sale find  

Bargain!

Cheers, Ade.

?

You got a great deal there,way to go!!
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Good Deal, IC, but:

Why do you assume, it´s an Austrian dagger ? ...

?

Hello Iron Cross,
    that's almost for free... and everything seems to be in good condition too...
    Anyway, "the deer leg knife" is a German private puchase trench knife commonly used in WW1...

Adler

?

Hi iron cross , that is a beautiful looking trench knife as Adler has stated and is probably worth at least 4 times what you paid for the whole lot !! well done mate

cheers Al

iron cross
    ?

Thanks guys a was so happy when I came upon this group of bayonets. Reibert I say it is Austrian because it says "crown cuttlery Co Austria". Thanks for alll your nice comments.

regards
    Iron Cross

?

I'm not an expert in trench knives, but I know that both German and Austrian soldiers had these kind of knives. Since it's a private purchase item, you can't tell it's German or Austrian, unless... you see some markings. Please show pics of the markings...

Adler

iron cross
    ?

Hi Adler like I stated before the blade reads "crown cuttlery Co Austria". I can not get a good pic because my camera is not working at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast