Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Opinions please. Firemans dress bayonet

Article about: Hi. Found this bayonet at a local pawn shop. I'm not that familiar with these and would appreciate opinions if it is period correct. Thanks.

Default Opinions please. Firemans dress bayonet

Hi. Found this bayonet at a local pawn shop. I'm not that familiar with these and would appreciate opinions if it is period correct. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-FB.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	199.4 KB 
ID:	697047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-FB.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	209.4 KB 
ID:	697046  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-FB.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	697048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-FB.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	697049  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-FB.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	209.9 KB 
ID:	697050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-FB.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	697051  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

German parade bajonet looks ok to me nice find!

Quote by brabander View Post
    German parade bajonet looks ok to me nice find!
    Thank you. I took a gamble on it as the interesting knives they get go fast and I'd be kicking myself if I missed out.

?

Nice example o f a "FIremans" KS98 by Linnenbrugger and Ellermann of Bielelfeld. L&E were retailers of this bayo, can't make out the manufacturers mark, the one with Solingen as the bottom line.

Nice find,
    Jim

Quote by Jim P View Post
    Nice example o f a "FIremans" KS98 by Linnenbrugger and Ellermann of Bielelfeld. L&E were retailers of this bayo, can't make out the manufacturers mark, the one with Solingen as the bottom line.

Nice find,
    Jim
    Thank you. There is no makers mark just Solingen. The photo is deceiving showing the reflection. I'm very happy I bought this. Don't know where they got their info from but they had it labeled "post WW2 Solingen Bayonet". It cost $65 so I had to go with my gut or someone with more experience surly would have snatched it up.

I goggled the L and E mark and found that they are the only ones that used a swastika on their logo. I took a magnifying glass and it's there in the middle of the helmet etching. Thanks again for all the info.

Nice fire piece and appears proper KS98 type dress frog with desirable mark timothy

?

Quote by popcorn View Post
    Thank you. There is no makers mark just Solingen. The photo is deceiving showing the reflection. I'm very happy I bought this. Don't know where they got their info from but they had it labeled "post WW2 Solingen Bayonet". It cost $65 so I had to go with my gut or someone with more experience surly would have snatched it up.
    I would say you got a good deal. I normally see these selling in the $100 range.

Jim

Quote by Jim P View Post
    I would say you got a good deal. I normally see these selling in the $100 range.

Jim
    Thanks again. Yes just doing a quick googling I see them from $95 and up. Looking up the L and E marked ones they seem to go for more with the matching company on the blade and frog. On one site it stated these L and E marked ones can go for 3-5 times the regular price. I'm not looking to sell so it doesn't matter to me it was just out of curiosity. I do like that the set appears to match(blade and scabbard).