Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is it original bayonet with engravering ss nord?

Article about: iS IT ORIGINAL BAYONET WITH ENGRAVERING SS NORD? IMO IS IT A COPY ENGRAVERING THE SELLER THINKS IT'S ORIGINAL..CONFORMING NUMBERS REGARDS, W.

Default Is it original bayonet with engravering ss nord?

iS IT ORIGINAL BAYONET WITH ENGRAVERING SS NORD?
    IMO IS IT A COPY ENGRAVERING THE SELLER THINKS IT'S ORIGINAL..CONFORMING NUMBERS
    REGARDS,
    W.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it original bayonet with engravering ss nord?   Is it original bayonet with engravering ss nord?  

Is it original bayonet with engravering ss nord?   Is it original bayonet with engravering ss nord?  

Is it original bayonet with engravering ss nord?   Is it original bayonet with engravering ss nord?  

Is it original bayonet with engravering ss nord?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it original bayonet with engravering ss nord?
    P
    Many

Is it original ? - the bayonet is - the engraving/etching isn't.

It isn't a copy, they didn't exist - pure fantasy.

?

we see these bayonets all the time. this is a fake, I believe from the 70's. Why would you engrave a bayonet that you use in combat?

Quote by Richie B View Post
    Is it original ? - the bayonet is - the engraving/etching isn't.

It isn't a copy, they didn't exist - pure fantasy.

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    we see these bayonets all the time. this is a fake, I believe from the 70's. Why would you engrave a bayonet that you use in combat?
    Maybe the members ss engraved this as a memento
    The seller said that the bayonet was found in an old German house on a beam wood under the roof
    but in my opinion engraving is an attempt to raise the price

CBH
    ?

Combat bayonets with engraving are Fake, made by the hundreds in the 1970's. Ruined bayonets.

A Dime a dozen ...was worth more before the etch destroyed its value.

Have a look at what some half witted enterprisers done with some period edged weapons.

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Timely reminder for new collectors that these etched horrors are out there. I agree probably done in the 1970's when these first emerged. I understand a Brit from the Midlands was the original culprit, but others probably later copied what he was doing.
    The worst part is this is a 1944 Alexander Coppel, appears to be matching numbers, now ruined.

?

I dont believe this etch is 70 ies, most real done late 90ies or early 21.century, Poland,Czech republic, with floral side panels on nice bayonets, some with rust surface. No real etch could be on service S84/98 bayonets.b.r.Andy
    Someone already reserialed the scabbard to the blade.

Do you remember the 1970's?, they were certainly around in the "West" back then and were being done in Britain. But dating a fake is really not that important, knowing it IS a fake is the main thing.