Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

parts bayonet? when?

Article about: Hi folks I’ve been debating whether to post this or not. Please ignore the bogus rune stamp that some clown has applied. Which was the first thing I noticed, and threw up the first red flag.

Default parts bayonet? when?

Hi folks
    I’ve been debating whether to post this or not.
    Please ignore the bogus rune stamp that some clown has applied. Which was the first thing I noticed, and threw up the first red flag. Then I noticed the slightly ill fitting grip plates. Any way i was allowed to bring it home for further examination before buying. Which I have just about made my mind up not to!
    The bayonet (Carl Eickhorn) appears to be in great condition apart from the scruffy grips as does the mismatched scabbard.
    Normally I wouldn’t take anything like this apart, but its been puzzling me, and seller didn’t mind.

1/Am i correct in saying that this bayonet has (recycled?) grip plates from a earlier made bayonet. (Old type wafenampts?) Also note the old marks where its been removed before, plus the old shave marks on the bottom presumably to make it fit better. Were they doing this at this time?
    2/ I also can’t seem to find another with the push button buffed down in such a way that it match’s the contour of the pommel when pressed? Or am I missing something.
    3/ Is it common for there to be different wafenampts stamps between the press stud and the main bayonet?
    Sorry if these are pointless questions.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Rod

parts bayonet? when?parts bayonet? when?parts bayonet? when?parts bayonet? when?parts bayonet? when?parts bayonet? when?parts bayonet? when?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement parts bayonet? when?
    P
    Many

Hope everyone has had a nice xmas.
    Anyway I thought I would add some more pictures if it helps.
    I would like to add there are no other numbers on this bayonet which might point towards refurnished by another country.

As far as I am aware from what I have learned about this maker, the push bolt should show the same number as what’s on the tang 9074 when pressed in, not a wafenampt.

To me this suggests that the bayonet is made from three different bayonets. Yet the main bayonet looks like it has never been used.

No probs guys if there’s no theory’s, it was just out off interest that i posted in the first place.
    Thanks for looking and all the best for the New Year.
    Rod
    parts bayonet? when?parts bayonet? when?
    Last edited by plumbob; 12-27-2015 at 11:33 PM.

?

As You could see its a refurbishment piece, no any parts are origin there from beginn, missmatch bayonet and scabbard, the grips are from early S coded bayonet probably or made prior 1937,the blueing is renewed.b.r.Andy

Hello

yes this S84 / 98 has been revised. The parts do not match. Unfortunately, the screw or rivet is missing from the sheath. Then you could say relatively safely whether it is an overhaul from the GDR.