Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police Bayonet ?

Article about: I did some research on this site and I have what appears to be a police bayonet. Can anyone give me any history on it and maybe Its value. I don't have a frog for it. The chrome on the blade

swede413
    ?

Default Police Bayonet ?

I did some research on this site and I have what appears to be a police bayonet.
    Can anyone give me any history on it and maybe Its value. I don't have a frog for it. The chrome on the blade is worn and slightly pitted the stamp on the blade has what appears to be a squirrel holding a bayonet and it says original above that, I cant make out what it says below.

sorry about the crappy cell phone pics

2. # ADS

Default Re: Police Bayonet ?

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Your ID is correct.

Maker is Carl Eickhorn, Solingen. Eickhorn is squirrel in German, hence the trademark.

Do you have the scabbard (sheath) for it?

Cheers, Ade.

swede413
    ?

no scabbard at all just the bayonet

As it is missing the scabbard this will badly effect the value, but it is still a good original item. Hard to put a price on it.

Cheers, Ade.

swede413
    ?

Thanks Abe, it is a shame the scabbard is not with it. the guy I bought it from said he kept it in his car between the seats for years

Quote by swede413 View Post
    Thanks Abe, it is a shame the scabbard is not with it. the guy I bought it from said he kept it in his car between the seats for years
    Classic!!! I can just see it..."yes officer, as a matter of fact that IS a Nazi bayo sticking out of that carjackers chest". Heheee

On a serious note, as Ade has mentioned, the lack of scabbard will definitely put a significant hit on the piece with respect to value. Finding suitable replacement scabbards is going to be a real challenge. Ideally, you'd want an Eichorn scabbard to retain the piece's correctness to the highest degree.

Tommy Boyo