MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Police. Re-issued S 98/05

Article about: Here is a interesting S 98/05 that was produced in 1917 and was blued and re-issued. The 1920 date means the bayonet was reworked during the Weimar period and the L.P. Th. 524 are Police mar

?

Default Police. Re-issued S 98/05

Here is a interesting S 98/05 that was produced in 1917 and was blued and re-issued. The 1920 date means the bayonet was reworked during the Weimar period and the L.P. Th. 524 are Police markings. I added the frog and knot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police. Re-issued S 98/05   Police. Re-issued S 98/05  

Police. Re-issued S 98/05   Police. Re-issued S 98/05  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police. Re-issued S 98/05
    P
    Many

Very nice example of s98/05 used in police service post ww1. I have a blued ground sawback I really like them nice piece the frog and knot complete this fine example. timothy

?

Great looking reworked/reissued s98/05! Is the frog marked in any way? I would like to see more pictures of it if possible. The cancelled regimental marking has me confused, while it doesn't seem to work as either an imperial unit or a post war police marking. The police markings following WWI seemed to change on a fairly regular basis, so maybe it falls in there somewhere. Has anyone ever gave you an opinion as to what it might have stood for?

Best Regards,
    Jim

?

Hello I couldn't find the thread on WAF but I was told the markings indicate Landespolize Thurengen. I think it was George Wheeler that told me what the markings were. Here is the frog. It is marked 1917 and is stamped J.L.S. I got the frog off ebay it didn't come on the bayonet.

Thanks for the imput

Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police. Re-issued S 98/05   Police. Re-issued S 98/05  

?

Well, if George said it, it must be so. I find post WWI police markings quite confusing and my reference on them is limited. There is a very good book on the subject "History Writ in Steel German Police Markings 1900-1936" but I have yet to get a copy. Thanks for the extra pictures. Again a very nice set-up.

Jim

Hello,

yes a S08/05 reissued to the police in WR.

But the unit stamp was deleted. L.P. Th. = Polizeischule Thüringen.

After this this frog maybe also was used by the Postschutz, Luftschutzpolizei or Bahnschutz.

The frog is a nice example out of the war 1914-18... but not correct to this variant of the S98/05. The police in Thüringen used his own modell. This frog has the stamp L.P. Th. and matches the bayonet.

Regards

?

Thanks for the additional info. I have a sawback butcher bayonet I will have to check out the frog and see if it is marked. It might work better on this bayonet.

Kirby

?

I personally dont believe its a Polizei Schule stamp, most real like mentioned a Landes Polizei Thueringen, which was a police unit organised as army unit in period of early 30ies. There exist many of arms similar marked, Luger and rifles etc. The frog looks like a WW1piece, so probably not started life here, this unit was striked out.Anyway a nice Weimar era used police scabbard.The bayonet could be used there too, but the stamp was removed probably.
    "Nach der Etablierung der Regierung der NSDAP im Jahre 1933 wurde eine 56 000 Mann starke kasernierte Landespolizei geschaffen, die im Rahmen der heimlichen Wiederaufrüstung Deutschlands eine voll militärische Ausbildung erhielt. Nach der Einführung der allgemeinen Wehrplicht 1935 ging diese Landespolizei in der rasch anwachsenden regulären Armee auf, sie stellte dort nicht wenige Offiziers- und Unteroffizierskader und fungierte insofern als Ausbildungsstelle für zukünftige Wehrmachtsoffiziere. Nicht weniger als 97 der im Jahre 1942 kommandierenden Wehrmachtsgeneräle hatten zwisachen 1933 und 1935 in der Landespolizei gedient."

The L.P.Th. stamps are stamped much earlyier... in the 1920´s. The Landespolizei Thüringen existed from 1920 until 1933

http://www.thueringen.de/imperia/md/...ep_tafel_1.pdf

?

Thanks for additional info Sleepwalker.b.r.Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast