Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A possible Police issued bayonet? Opinions please!

Article about: Hello, Julekpl again. First I'd like to wish everyone a safe and wonderful new year! Annoyed from this ads?   Anyways, I was hoping to hear some of your opinions on this bayonet. It's m

One additional comment: A few years back I saw a 98K (84/98) bayonet with an NSFK marking (the man with outstretched wings on his arms). But upon a closer examination I formed the opinion that somebody had not stamped but mechanically engraved the markings (think 'Dremel' tool) - I'm assuming sometime after the war was over. Still no judgments at this point without better imaging. But I would ask readers to look at the relatively smooth bottom of the number "7" as compared to the bottom of the "Eagle/B" marking. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eagle B marking closeup.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	258.2 KB 
ID:	784613  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

I agree that better, more detailed, macro pictures of the stamping would be helpful. Like you, I have never seen this stamped on the ricasso, but we all know that odd ball things did sometimes happen. However, if this were a later war piece, I would be less suspect of it, but on what I would think is an earlier production piece, it just seems out of place. The weakness of the stamp has me puzzled, stronger on the right side, missing on the lower left, but the top right section of the wing is completely missing. These can all be explained by a dirty, worn or broken stamp, but why on such an earlier piece.

Just thinking out loud. Looking forward to more pictures.

Jim

This is a police eagle B... the first varition of the stamp by a police bayonet from P. Weyersberg... other ones are existing...

Interesting stuff, for sure!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

On the spine of this Alcoso police contract s84/98. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01987.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	786615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01990.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	786616  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01991.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	786617  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12